Meat Grinder Opinions...

CarolinaQue

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Any body have any personal experience or opinions on this grinder:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weston-08-0801-W-Number-Commercial-Grinder/dp/B004D112ZE/ref=sr_1_2?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1371426678&sr=1-2&keywords=%238+meat+grinder"]Amazon.com: Weston 08-0801-W Number 8 Commercial Meat Grinder, 1/2 HP: Appliances[/ame]

I'm seriously considering this one. It seems to have every thing I'm looking for. Wanting to really get into the whole sausage making thing and grinding my own meat for burgers and what not. The KitchAid attachment just doesn't quite cut it...all pun intended.

Any one?

Agree with you whole heartedly on the KA grinder, and because it was not up to task, I purchased this and have no problems what so ever: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005F55EUQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: STX MEGAFORCE 3000 SERIES WITH "PATENT PENDING - COWL AIR INDUCTION COOLING SYSTEM" - 3000 WATT "PEAK OUTPUT POWER" - 3 SPEED - ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER - 3 "STAINLESS STEEL" CUTTING BLADES - 3 "HARDENED STEEL" GRINDING PLATES - 1 "BEANER PLATE" (SAUSAGE STUFFING PLATE) - KUBBE ATTACHMENT - SET OF 3 SAUSAGE STUFFING TUBES!!!: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Does Weston have more than the three sized #8 plates that come with that grinder, or can you use other brand's plates in it? I like to use a 1/2" plate for chili meat, for example.

That doesn't look like a bad grinder but the price seems high. I have the cabelas brand grinders and they have been great for me, and they have had them on sale lately off and on so you can get a pretty good deal. I had a 1/2 hp #8 and it worked good but now we have the full 1 hp #22 and its awesome. I cant believe how much you can feed into it and it just keeps going. We did do 200 lbs of sausge in one day with the old 1/2 hp one though, with three people I had two people grinding and I was stuffing but it was one hell of a day.

The three grinder plates are standard and I don't belive there are other sizes.

I think that the Cabela's one is about the same price...and I really don't have a need for a full 1 horse.

Any body have any personal experience or opinions on this grinder:

Amazon.com: Weston 08-0801-W Number 8 Commercial Meat Grinder, 1/2 HP: Appliances

I'm seriously considering this one. It seems to have every thing I'm looking for. Wanting to really get into the whole sausage making thing and grinding my own meat for burgers and what not. The KitchAid attachment just doesn't quite cut it...all pun intended.

Any one?

I use that grinder.

The gears are made of steel and it weighs over 40 pounds. I have the auto patty maker and about 8 different size grinder plates. It grinds faster than I can push the meat down.

I have had mine for almost 2 years and have never had a problem...

Don't use it or any other grinder as a sausage stuffer. Do yourself a favor and buy a real sausage stuffer.

Does Weston have more than the three sized #8 plates that come with that grinder, or can you use other brand's plates in it? I like to use a 1/2" plate for chili meat, for example.

Yes Weston makes a variety of plates ans some attachments (like auto patty maker, ect). Like other manufacturers of other grinders, they are not interchangeable with other manufactures. Plates are available in steel or in stainless steel.

Is this a 240v or standard 120v. Trying to get 3000 watts out of a standard outlet... Well lets just say their math is off!
120 v. I have had no problems with it. Hell of a lot better than the KA grinder.

I have the STX grinder as well & it's a workhorse!!! I've tried to bog it down and it just keeps on going. I do my meat straight from fridge, no worries of chilling in freezer... Love grinding my own chicken & turkey. Store bought just makes me cringe.

The KA grinder was a HUGE disappointment.

Back