Weed burner question

Trumpstylz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Where do you store it? I was thinkin about gettin one, but rummaging through the garage where I'd probably have to store it, then taking it outside, then back in again sounds like more of a pain than its worth.

In the storage area under my gasser. In other words, right next to the propane tank.

I mounted the tank on a hand truck I set a piece of plywood on the shelf and a piece across the back a bungee holds it together. I screwed a tomato can to the base to hold the torch cup, wrap the hose around the handle and drop the torch into the can. I also installed an eye bolt in the frame to clip the striker to. Makes for compact package that is easy to move around and stores easily in the corner.

wrap it around the propane bottle and lean torch against it, or if not attached I just hang them on the wall in the garage. Heck I even have one in my JOBOX box lol

I started out with my tank and attached weed burner mounted on a little collapsible luggage dolly but soon dismounted it. I now just hand carry it in and out of the garage every time I use it. No big deal and well worth it.

Technically speaking, it's extremely unsafe to store any propane tank in any building. It should be stored outside in a well ventilated area.

Just sayin. I'm pretty paranoid about mine being in the garage. I just keep mine outside where I usually cook, but then a little clutter never bothered me.

Technically speaking, it's extremely unsafe to store any propane tank in any building. It should be stored outside in a well ventilated area.

Just sayin. I'm pretty paranoid about mine being in the garage. I just keep mine outside where I usually cook, but then a little clutter never bothered me.

You make a very good point. My old garage is very leaky but I am going to rethink what I have been doing. Thanks.

I'm with you. My son had his (with 20 lb tank) in his garage when the garage caught fire. It made the fire pretty spectacular. Due to the fact that he was in the country and response takes a while there, the garage and all contents were lost and probably would have been regardless, but an additional 20 lb of propane is never a good thing in a fire.

DSC_9656-1024.jpg

I'll be honest about this. I think it's just plain stupid to store propane inside. The worst possible storage location would be a basement because propane is heavier than air and will settle in low spots.

I've got a storage box on my trailer for this kind of stuff plus 2 propane tanks .

Due to past experience as a child with curiosity about fire and having nephews that like to get into everything - I do not keep my burner near the propane tanks. I have a locking storage box on the back porch that those tools go in. The propane tanks, even on my grill get turned off and disconnected after every use. Safety first for me.

That being said though - the weed burner is awesome for fire starting!

I'm a user of the benzomatic goose neck torch, fits on top of a 1 lb propane bottle and makes lighting a pit a breeze. I leave it in the deck box during the summer and it hangs on a peg board in the garage when not in use during the winter.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=benzomatic%20weed%20torch&sprefix=benzomatic+wee%2Caps%2C292&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abenzomatic%20weed%20torch[/ame]

I rigged up this portable "flame thrower" to eliminate having to drag a big tank around.

Attachments

• DSC01109.jpg
    DSC01109.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 34
Back