So A Brisket Slice Should Be Able To Do This Right???

Yep - and then it should pull apart fairly easily (not like a rubber band) :wink:. From what I can see from here that one looks good :grin:.

Yep...looks like you nailed it! See how there are no breaks at the top...:thumb:

Thanks folks! Now I gott figure out how to avoid injection stains like the ones you can see here.

uploadfromtaptalk1343591451020.jpg

If it is a well marbled brisket you're going to get track marks regardless how you inject it. The injections will pass thru the collagen walls regardless.

Looks good Q-Dat. I need a brisket lesson!:wink:

Thanks for that info, I had no idea about the marbling.

I guess the best thing to do with needle marks is probably just mix something darker into the drippings for soaking the slices in before boxing.

Thanks folks! Now I gott figure out how to avoid injection stains like the ones you can see here.

View attachment 68533

It may depend on what you're injecting with? I've heard that the Fab B is darker and is more likely to stain than Fab B Light. I've only used the Light, and Butchers so I couldn't tell you for sure from personal experience.

It may depend on what you're injecting with? I've heard that the Fab B is darker and is more likely to stain than Fab B Light. I've only used the Light, and Butchers so I couldn't tell you for sure from personal experience.

I used this.
uploadfromtaptalk1343659395080.jpg

Mixed per the directions with a dash or two of Worcestershire and some Amesphos. It was kinda dark.

thats what I use minus the worcesterhire and Amesphos...I also soak my brisket slices in the same solution, just heated and a little more concentrated, before turn-ins...it's been working for us and no injection stains

The soup-soak masks injector marks. Downside is it will darken the entire slice making it look like pot roast instead of BBQ brisket. KCBS judges don't seem to care though, at least not in this part of the country.

You have it all wrong, it should be much stiffer in my experience

Going to be the Worchestershire sauce I do believe.

Once I removed it from my mix, no more marks.

This great info about the Worcestershire! Now I can just leave it out. I don't think it really added much if anything anyway.

Thanks!

Back