Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cook-Off Kettering, Ohio, July 9-10

J

JayAre

I'm surprised noone has started this yet...this is a great contest, pleanty of trees for shade, electric and well organized...Who's Goin??

JayAre thought Jim would have by now guess he's BUSY....Lots for him to get ready. Smokin' Blues will be pulling in Thursday and won't make the same mistakes as last year. Just new ones.

Looking at the site www.ohiovetbbq.com we have 36 teams so far.

Smitty's Real Pit BBQ will be there and it will be our first KCBS sanctioned event. Looking forward to it.

Kathy & I hope to pull in around mid-afternoon on Thursday. Really looking forward to it!

We're going to try to make it Thur eve. Looking foward to it. I think the whole Fowl Butt crew is gonna make it.:thumb:

bullet bbq will be there Thursday night to find our site. We are only minutes away so we'll set up Friday. Look forward to meeting everyone...:grin:

Went to Jim's last nite and filled out the paperwork and payed. I'm throwing my hat in the ring. This will be my first pro comp. and I can't wait. Maybe then I will stop waking up at nite, having bad bad dreams of my smoker someware around 500 degrees.:-D

Went to Jim's last nite and filled out the paperwork and payed. I'm throwing my hat in the ring. This will be my first pro comp. and I can't wait. Maybe then I will stop waking up at nite, having bad bad dreams of my smoker someware around 500 degrees.:-D

the dreams only get amplified after your first comp...even worse after your first call.

:mad2:

For all you 1st timers . . Kathy & I (Contest Reps) will be on site early Friday morning to start passing out turn-in boxes so PLEASE take that time to ask us questions or just talk! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Phillip

This will be my 37th contest and I still have those kind of nightmares !

Velvet Smoke will be at the 2nd leg of the Ohio Triple Crown. As always looking forward to it. This will be sanctioned comp #3 for us and looking for some improvement over our results in Marietta.

Looks like we should be over the 40 team mark with late entries. At least 3 brethren teams here don't appear to be on the current list.

http://www.ohiovetbbq.com/teams2010.htm

JayAre thought Jim would have by now guess he's BUSY....Lots for him to get ready. Smokin' Blues will be pulling in Thursday and won't make the same mistakes as last year. Just new ones.

Looking at the site www.ohiovetbbq.com we have 36 teams so far.

Hey - another Cinci team! Actually we are a dual team Cincy & Columbus but still counts. I've seen you on here before but don't think I noticed your location. Any other Cinci teams heading to Kettering? Go Reds!

We'll be there to judge, and after looking at the teams list, I'm drooling already! We'll be going to my sister-in-law's after awards, will all you cooks give me a pass if I bring a cooler so she can taste real Q?:-D

Any of the teams pulling in on Thurs they are doing a pot luck type dinner for us. They ladies axuilliary use to do this i think and cant this Year..... Dave stamper of Rib and Bibs has taken over putting this together. So if you will be in on thur he is having it at 8pm so all can get in set up and join in with the pot luck. We will have shelter and if you need to plug something in ( Crock pot ) there will be electric and also bring serving item to serve it with. Dave asks that you email him at stam@ccrtc.com with what you will be bringing and he is keeping us uptodate and I will get list of what is being brought and list it here.

Brian you have watched JayAre and myself since we started screw up, cuss, beat our heads against the wall, do stupidthings, almost come to tears when something dosent go right, stay up wondering if you packed everything or have the items on the list to pack, a notebook next to the bed for 4 am when you cant sleep the weeks before. Welcome to the nightmare. Seriously all you got to do is ask we are there for you buddy.

Really seriously ENJOY it you only get 1 first time.

Pot luck

Smokin' Blues BBQ -- BBQ Potatoes Bacon Corn salad
Ribs and Bibs -- Old Daves sausage medley
powells up in Smoke-- Cajun rice w/ smoked sausage
Eagle river BBQ -- Peach cobbler
Rib Runners -- Cheese potatoes
Pappy Q -- Cornbread salad

Dave Stamper is doing this stam@ccrtc.com

Hi Brian - what is your team name?

This will be our 3rd sanctioned and the obsession only gets worse (or is that better???). Enjoy the ride! As I'm sure you know, BBQ folk are some of the friendliest around.

See you in 2 weeks, Matt

We'll be there. Might be setting up Thursday to get a nice shady spot....although our spot last year was not bad at all. Pigman makes a good neighbor.

Back