• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Anyone know about the Smokaroma Bar-B-Q Boss?

raiderx

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I would be interested in know if anyone knows about this too.

Pour in liquid smoke, close lid, pressurize.

Pressure forces liquid smoke into meat for that backyard smoked flavor.

I just puked in my mouth a bit.

So you have experience with one! Good to know..

all I could tell you is there made here in ok. I think its mainly a restaurant thing. from what I read they have a good reputation even though I had never heard of them till a few years ago.

Yepper, It was the original authentic restaurant Bar B Que'r. I worked at a "Family" place in High School and they use one of these to serve authentic Backyard Yard Bar B Que. Not one person in the place knew how to cook the real thing. I think the Colonel used the same process (presure cooking) to get rich cooking chicken. Might be fun to fark around with, the link is broken, how much they want for it?

Do you stock the Smokaroma special 'red rub' for poultry and fish that not only flavors the meat, but, also provides an attractive color all at the same time.

:mad2: Wow the miss informed are here,The Smokaroma is one of the best small pit bbqson the commerical market the first one i worked with was in a meat market I ran in 1979-80 it was a huge hit ,we sold ribs ,chicken etc from a hot case merchandised in small foil trays it kept our case empty of pulls because we sold so much cooked product ,I own two now and have bought and sold three more over the last couple of years.Lets clear this up right NOW Smokaromas ARE NOT FOR LIQUID SMOKE!! liguid smoke ie (charsol) has to be sprayed fron a unit called an atomizer to be effective,this is usally on large processing smokers like a KOCH or Enviro pak and used in a urban area where they wont allow large volumes of smoke to be discharged into the city air. Smokaromas work by using a small amount of wood chips burned by an element in a sealed high preassure environment thus forcing the smoke flavor Deep into the meat the same way a preassure cooker cook in short time,They also control shrink very well because unlike a barrel smoker,conventional pit rotissere,or commerical smokehouse ther is no draft controls or venting until the product is done ,It makes ribs so tender they pull apart.I also use their sauce recipie and I add all of my drippings from the pan to the sauce (no shrink or waste).I have seen people over the years try to use thse as fryers also(got one for 50 bucks that way) the truth is THEY ARE A PIT NOT A SMOKER and ther IS a difference........always lookin for good deals on cheap ones!!!!!!

Smokaroma is the Bomb!

We've owned a Smokaroma for over 10 years. We burned the smoking element out about 4 years ago and just now got it back working again. I forgotten how versatile this Baby is. It does it all, ribs, shoulders, briskets, turkeys, sausage, Chinese pork, beans, just about anything you can throw in it. The only thing I have an issue with is the lack of bark, but the smoke goes "To the Bone". I've even used it to cook up enough burger patties on the racks to feed 150. If you put hamburger drippings in the smoke tray with the chips, you get a charbroiled flavor to them. I'm not saying I'd quit burning my lump, but they are a beautiful unit. No, they are NOT a pressure fryer, yes they are expensive, and sure I'll take it off of your hands.

Now, we're informed, It's nice to hear how well a product works by those that use it, before dismissing it entirely. Thanx for the info.

never used one..but i've ate and seen product that came out of one.......everything had the texture of being boiled.....which is whats its basically doing........cooking under high pressure with steam,with some smoldering saw dust for smoke

IMO the product that comes out is pretty bad and and restaurant that claims to be a bbq joint that uses one should be stripped of all credentials.......period.

If your in a non bbq area, you might be able to get away with one for a while....if the public doesn't know what real que should taste like.

I worked with one for just over 5 years at a restraunt in Washington. THe ribs we did with them were not bad. I would rather have the ribs I make on my Pro Q or UDS. with the unit we used you could put a butt load of ribs on it then fill a metal cup of smoking chips down in it and lock the lid and set the timer and just walk away. It worked well and customers liked the ribs I did too until I started making my own, But if you want to pump out a lot of ribs and have them turn out the same everytime this is a good unit.BTW there was no water hook up so it was not steamed

Back