• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

interesting uds build

I'll say it sure is. Very well thought out. Well fabricated as well.

I give it, an 7. With an interesting paint scheme, or super ugly finish, he could have easily reached and 8, maybe even 8.5. I had to deduct points also for the handle placement. It would have gotten a nine though with a hinge. Sadly, I didn't even see a hook. Could have made up for handle placement with a clever hook location.

All in all great drum. :eusa_clap

Prolly would have been a 9 if it had a Bottle Opener on it,lol. It looks like the German version of the "BBQ Brethren" forum. I looked at the bottom of the page, and the other threads, all involved cooking on UDS's with Pron...

There seem to be several German BBQ forums and UDS sites I've come across. I wish I could read, speak German so I could check them all out. I've seen quite a few cool designs and a couple of lids that I liked. I have saved a few images from them.

There is a Brethren in Germany I think. Ron Rico maybe? He posts some mighty fine pron wherever he is.

Ever see the infomercial short for the "Sham Wow"? There's an interesting and most fitting line: "Made in Germany. You know the Germans always make good stuff." These guys don't mess around!

thats a real slick UDS, kinda like what i would want to do to mine... if i wasnt trying to keep it dirty cheap, which is kinda the point is it not? Mild rant aside, its totally awesome

American Know-how & German Engineering! Good looking UDS.

There are a few of us Brethren in Germany. I saw that UDS on that site also. Alot of the Germans make their UDS's with one or two intakes, seems to be a trend. The extended intake is popular. A few sites have UDS sections on their forums.

During my research on the UDS a couple of months ago I came across a lot of German builds.
I'm telling you them Germans ain't no joke!:-D
....with builds and cooking.

@Huge:There are a couple of Germans here:Rolf,Caruso,Don Marco,Smokemaster1
I like all their pron but Don Marco really did it in one of his last post: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70065
I'm so jealous seeing this post again.:evil:

Darn I guess I'm going to have to order Rosetta Stone so I can learn how to speak and read German. That definitely looks like the Mercedes and/or BMW of UDS smokers. Shoud have said Rolls Royce since they now own them. What a great looking UDS.

I copied this off of the German website after translating (thanks again Ron) to English.

" also the subject missed, this is no UDS = Ugly Drum Smoker - this is a high-tech Drum Smoker
aaaaaaaaa1.gif
Doc_Cleaner war schneller: Beule reintreten hilft​
Doc_Cleaner was faster: Reintreten bump helps
lolaway.gif
" I must say I have to agree.

Thats a great looking drum. or "High tech drum" :)

Google translate is pretty cool. When selecting a language to translate from check out the detect language option. You no longer need to know what language the site is in.

Makes me proud to be German born,, I can speak it but can't read or write it,, Shame on me. also losing a lot of speach, have no one to speak with anymore, so I forget a lot of words...

Wow...that's special!
Well if you go to Germany to spike up your German don't forget to visit me!

Now That is something I would love to do, Thank You for the invite, But we'd have to time it when "Don Marco" is having one of his big Catering jobs so we could learn how he does it,, Ahh heck why lie about it, we would just go to sample his Q,,lol :biggrin:

Now That is something I would love to do, Thank You for the invite, But we'd have to time it when "Don Marco" is having one of his big Catering jobs so we could learn how he does it,, Ahh heck why lie about it, we would just go to sample his Q,,lol :biggrin:

:lol:
Duh!:-D
I discovered that he was in Holland a while ago....if I only knew!
Next time I hope I can get an invitation!

Back