What to cook?

sparky66

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Brethren,

My buddy and I are going to putz around working in my basement today and I wanted to whip something up on the UDS or one of my other cookers. What should I cook? I know chicken is the first thing that comes to mind but I have already cooked that before with him and wanted to try something else that is going to be somewhere in between chicken and a butt or a brisket.

I have about 4 hours...any suggestions?

Thanks

English Chuck to 145 deg ( Oak smoke) slice thin make some Sandwiches. Side of spicy hot Slaw. AND BEERS

or RIBS...what was I thinking...could I pump the heat up some and do like an accelerated method of 321 method or something? I've never done the 321 method so would be learning.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-68884.html

I think it's a Regional name
Also a 7 bone see link pasted

What's the difference in the 7 bone and the "regular" chuck cuts?

7 bone chuck is a regular cut of chuck or shoulder.
It's very economical and like all chuck or shoulder it is very flavorful but tough and chewy if not properly cooked.
7 bone chuck differentiates itself by being the the toughest, the chewiest and the cheapest! :-D

It shares that toughness and chewiness with it's close cousin the brisket so it makes a great cut of meat for a long cook on the smoker or grill.

The shoulder is broken up into these major cuts
- 7 bone
- Arm (aka swiss steak)
- blade
- top blade (aka flat iron)
- under blade
- chuck eye (most tender)
- chuck steak
- chuck roast
- crosss rib (aka boston cut or english cut)
- shoulder steak
- shoulder roast
- clod steak

The names vary a bit depending on what area you are in.

Meatloaf.
Smoke some potatoes too and mash 'em up.

Smoked meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Good stuff, Maynard.

Back