• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Warmer.....warmer....warmer..

Brewmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
IMG_1898.jpg

Which one would you use?

Cheers,

Nate

The BLUE one of course. That is your problem.

In all seriousness, I doubt it matters much. Split the difference and use the one in the middle.

Boil a pot of water and the one that reads 212 degrees in the boiling water is the winner. Never a problem with a green one!

almost forgot....... send the two that don't read correctly to me and I will make sure that no food is spoiled due to improper temp readings!!!

I ordered one the other day but have no idea which color I'm getting. I like to live Q on the edge.:biggrin:

After years of using a Thermopen in competition while drinking many, many Grey Goose (Grey Geese?)... I reach for the one in the middle.

Boil a pot of water and the one that reads 212 degrees in the boiling water is the winner.

Quite true at sea level. But if you test it where the elevation is high then the boiling point will be lower. Check into it. I think the boiling point goes down 2 degree for every 1000 ft above sea level.

For example: If you live in Denver and wish to calibrate your thermometer sing boiling water as the standard, the boiling point of water in Denver is 202°F. (at a standard pressure - barometer reading)​

Ray

Boil a pot of water and the one that reads 212 degrees in the boiling water is the winner. Never a problem with a green one!

Not true... 212 is the boiling point only at standard atmosphere (pressure), which I think is 29.92" Hg. Here's a link to a page about it:
http://www.primogrill.com/boiling.htm

For example, the typical boiling point in Denver is 202. So knowing your current barometric pressure will let you know which of those is more accurate.

Back