Smoking Boneless Country Pork Ribs

L

lowe&slow

I was thinking of taking some country style pork ribs and cutting them into chunks, dusting them with sweet rub and then smoking in an open foil pan. Anybody ever tried this? I was thinking that you would end up with some candied pork poppers that would be amazing? Any suggestions? I don't have time to a do a shoulder this weekend and I want something to go along with my ribs.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

If they look like the ones in the above post, I am sure they will be great.

I think your plan is a good one. The only thing that I would watch are the cook times. If you cut them up before you put them on the smoker, they will probably cook faster than if you left them whole and then cut them up.

I would also recommend putting a bit of apple juice in the pan toward the end of the cook time. I'd say last 45 minutes or so.

That's what I'd do anyway.

I have done them while doing traditional ribs and I did a typical 3-2-1 with them and they turned out great! But I kept them whole so they weren't poppers, but just big ol' chunks of deliciousness.

Country style ribs...How I always do them...Season...Grill med/hot..Baste once they are done...caramelize them...they cook fast...no need to linger...my .02

I was thinking of taking some country style pork ribs and cutting them into chunks, dusting them with sweet rub and then smoking in an open foil pan. Anybody ever tried this? I was thinking that you would end up with some candied pork poppers that would be amazing? Any suggestions? I don't have time to a do a shoulder this weekend and I want something to go along with my ribs.
I've do exactly that I call 'em "Pig Nutts"(Pork burnt ends) a big bowl of those and a wash tub full of cervesa keeps the masses satisfied until the main event.

Back