Road trip

kw

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm on vacation this week in Conway SC. Yesterday we took a trip to Charleston and on the way back, saw a sign for Hemingway. It's only about 40 miles down the road.

Tomorrow morning I'm making the pilgrimage to Scott's. Can't wait!

I met Rodney Scott in June at the BBQ Block Party in NYC. He's a great guy! He took pics with me and answered questions I had. He even told me if I think of any other questions, to come back to his stand and he will answer them. Cool dude!

Well, we had a good time there. BBQ was great, as expected. Having cooked mostly picnics and shoulders for now almost 30 years, I really have to say I prefer the flavor of whole hog, especially the whole hog at Scott's.

Here are some pics:

IMG_7550_zps3cba93f7.jpg~original

IMG_6270_zpsedee4d62.jpg~original

IMG_7791_zps80af9400.jpg~original

More to follow...

IMG_8551_zpsb37512ee.jpg~original

IMG_7855_zps6d226cf3.jpg~original

Everybody at Scott's was very friendly. Just remember if you go there, it's cash only.

Gotta say I really love South Carolina, it's a whole lot more laid back than I could ever imagine. So far it's top on my list of places to relocate.

Scott's IS the real deal!

Someone posted not too long ago about going there and not enjoying it.??:loco:

I've heard a lot of folks say Carolina style BBQ isn't smoky enough. The stuff I had at Scott's was just the right amount of smoke flavor without being overpowering.

They gave me some skins as well. The crunchy part was good, but they definitely give your mouth a workout. Lot of chewing.

I had the pork bbq platter, with beans, slaw, and 2 slices of bread. They weren't skimpy on the bbq.

Brought some sauce back with me as well. Vinegar pepper bite but with a hint of sweet. It's good.

Back