Hog Roasted Whole

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A good friend sent me this pic of a pig roast he did for new years. I let him know how jealous I was that I wasn't invited. But, to be fair, he lives in San Diego, so, it wasn't practical for me to be there. Anyway, I thought I'd share the pic.

Notice that this is a pig roast not a pig BBQ. BBQ requires the coals to be under the pig so the smoke can be a part of the cook. When you put the meat to the side of the fire, you are roasting, not barbecuing. Did the cover over the coals direct smoke over the meat? Perhaps, but it's more of a roast than a BBQ. If the cover extended over the meat too, then I'd probably say that's BBQ for sure.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :laugh:

picture.php

Thanks for looking!

Call it whatever you want, cooking and eating pig is a fine thing to do! I wanna get a big ole rotis at some point and get into some whole animal cooking. :thumb:

I call it "Good Eats". The last time I had whole hog was in the PI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool. I am kinda interested to see the whole setup with out the pigs. Must be a beefy motor turning that beast.

If you need someone to act as a proxy for the next pig roast, I would be happy to stand in for you. I think I may have caught a whiff of it.... oh well maybe next year.

Anytime your cooking primal amounts of meat, its a victory in my book. I could care less about "smoke" or not.

Looks like some rig I would fix up also like the galvanize metal for cover see I told you galvanize doen't kill you
BTW thanks for the pic

I'll have to find a picture of a rotisserie my pops build for the Greek church we used to attend in Macon, GA. Thing held 4 lambs for Easter. It was a beast.

Back