Jumpin back in with both feet...

Grillman40

Full Fledged Farker
Been away for awhile and not really sure why other then laziness I guess. Been putting in alot of OT at work and praying alot that I wont choke out anybody at my house :twisted:. Miss rootin around on here with you guys.

Well the Lang has been sittin in the garage gettin absolutely no love what so ever and I have even contemplated selling her again because it seems like I never have time to bust it out.

But then I get the call last Friday to cook for 400 at a Christmas party. Marines again with the spouses and kids. Sorry its last minute they say but can ya help us out?

Jump through the hoops mode kicked in....8 Packers and 18 butts on now and 250 Hot Dogs for the 1100 chow time. Beans and chips and momma is bustin out the 100 lbs of tater salad again. Glad I made up to her the other day or I'd be screwed :biggrin:.

Somebody upstairs is gettin the last laugh though...its raining like hell. One of the two flimsy ass easy ups they gave me has already broke and I had to bust out the mop handle and duct tape.

Somebody upstairs is gettin the last laugh though...its raining like hell. One of the two flimsy ass easy ups they gave me has already broke and I had to bust out the mop handle and duct tape.

Use the old Marine tool kit, Hammer and a rubber.
If you can't fix it with the hammer, Fark it.
Smoke on Brother, you and your better half can pull it off.

Hopefully you get back that lovin' feeling after taking care of this job!

Good luck, and I hope all goes well for 'ya!

The way I see it, The Marines stepped in just in time to save a Lang in need.:-D

Good luck with your cook. I'm sure all will turn out great.

Thanks...

Got my arse kicked but it all came out well. Went through all the Brisket in a quickness and ended up having 3 Butts left over. They would have went if I put em out but everything else was gone and I was ready to call it a day.

Not sure how many showed up for sure...went through 500 buns. 100 lbs of tater salad and 5 big pans of beans. 250 Hot Dogs went also except for about 10 or so that either burnt up or I launched accross the parking lot in a fit of tired rage...

Even though it rained like hell all night and my temps were up and down like a roller coaster at least the sun came out long enough for the party and then when it was time to clean up it started pouring again.

Overall I had great reviews even though I wasnt totally happy with the results...I think they were just all hungry :biggrin:

Good to be back....My buddy does all the professional schools graduation parties on base and he just got orders to Iraq for a year. Might have to move in on that gig lol

Back