• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey brine better than Alton Brown's

B

bo_gator

I am smoking the turkey breast this year for my family and my parents. In the past when the wife and I have done the turkey, we used the Alton Brown brine recipe from Good Eats. Is there a better brine recipe out there for a turkey that is going on a smoker :?:

It can't be very hot since my mother can't handle hot foods :loco: :wacko: :loco:

Do most folks still brine even if the turkey is already enhanced? Tough to find one non enhanced these days.

I smoke Turkey Breasts daily. I use the enhanced and skip the brine. Season with Chicken Scratch and smoke it. Tasty.

I am smoking the turkey breast this year for my family and my parents. In the past when the wife and I have done the turkey, we used the Alton Brown brine recipe from Good Eats. Is there a better brine recipe out there for a turkey that is going on a smoker :?:

It can't be very hot since my mother can't handle hot foods :loco: :wacko: :loco:

Google search; The Fat Man brine, I've been using it for years, omit the Dave's Insanity sauce and the crushed red pepper.

Can you do Patio Daddio's brine for 48 hours though? His instructions say 24. Wondering if the acidity starts making poultry seviche or not. I usually do a two day brine, would like to try his out, if I can do it for two days without issue.

Can you do Patio Daddio's brine for 48 hours though? His instructions say 24. Wondering if the acidity starts making poultry seviche or not. I usually do a two day brine, would like to try his out, if I can do it for two days without issue.

I did mine for 2 days. Turned out awesome. I also made his cran-orange bbq sauce to go with it.

Does anyone know what Rudy's in Austin uses? When I go there that's usually all I bother getting anymore. Tastes kinda Juniper-y to me, but I could be wrong.

Back