Fatties

I went back to the store and bought 2 more for this weekend. Any good tips for warming?

i don't reheat but eat at room temp straight up or on a sandwhich or biscuit

2jul2007-012.jpg

most of these two are in the freezer in foodsaver vac bags :biggrin:

Bobby- Fatties are a house favorite for my family. I get the 2 lbers at BJ's and I usually make 4 stuffed and rubbbed fatties at a time and then when have something to take the edge off before dinner for the balance of the week. To reheat I just pop them in the microwave or if I have more time before dinner wrap in aluminum foil, put in the oven at 350 for about 45min-1 hour. Use your imagination and taste buds on what to stuff them with. It's all good.

Shoot me if you must, but can someone tell me what exactly a 'fattie' is? The pic makes me want to know more.

Shoot me if you must, but can someone tell me what exactly a 'fattie' is? The pic makes me want to know more.
a smoked fattie is a one pound log of sausage like bob evans or jimmy dean, rolled in a dry rub and smoked for about 3 hours at 250 till 170 internal. or something similar... some stuff em with goodies, some don't.

go smoke a fattie or two!

2feb07_3-002.jpg

I also like mine sliced and fried the next morning to go with eggs. A couple fatties will last me a while.

Back