• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sysco Slaw Question

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone here used Sysco Cole Slaw before? Just a question cause I have booked a wedding with a 3 hour dive one way. The couple are both returning customers and are both NOT slaw people but just want a decent slaw for guest.
# of hour drive, set up, briskets, 75 pound or so whole hog, chicken..... IF this could save some time I may look into it and may try it 1st before I serve.... I would just like some advice on it 1st.

Thanks in advance

I don't care for pre made slaws, they are typically slimy probably because of some preservatives to keep the color and freshness. Look into buying a 5 # bag of pre shredded slaw mix, no dressing. You would just add your own dressing or a premade one. The bags usually contain, green and red cabbage and carrots.

We recently made up 5 full size pans of slaw using the shredded slaw mix from Sams and if I recall correctly Hidden Valley Slaw Dressing from Fart and Smilin', I mean Smart and Final. Worked out great, all the guests and banquet hall reps complimented us on our "Fresh, homemade Slaw". Most was made the day prior and held up well. Very economical too.

^^^^
This is what I do all the time, but make my own dressing. I have had Sysco's slaw and you can tell it came out of a carton. I get a 20# case of cabbage that has the carrots and red cabbage separate. I leave out the red cabbage due to it bleeding and turning the slaw purple/grey. You could wait until just before service to add the red cabbage.

no can for me or my customers!! the bagged cabage works great, go to recipes dot com, they have some great vinegar or mayo recipes..I do a blend of both..

we are about 6 month into this venture with 1 month full time and what is recommended above works very well for us also.

I tried to make my own with a food processer but it just messed everything up. I buy the pre made stuff, Sams or Costco or even the local grocery store depending on the size of the event.

I found some recipes we like for dressing, tweaked them to give them our own personal touch and while it is an extra step, I can say that the responses have all be favorable.

That being said, I suspect you could purchase a bottle of off the shelf cole slaw dressing and add it to the cabbage and folks would like it.

Best of luck!

I personally love the Sam's Club slaw and even know of a BBQ place here in town that uses it.

we are about 6 month into this venture with 1 month full time and what is recommended above works very well for us also.

I tried to make my own with a food processer but it just messed everything up. I buy the pre made stuff, Sams or Costco or even the local grocery store depending on the size of the event.

I found some recipes we like for dressing, tweaked them to give them our own personal touch and while it is an extra step, I can say that the responses have all be favorable.

That being said, I suspect you could purchase a bottle of off the shelf cole slaw dressing and add it to the cabbage and folks would like it.

Best of luck!

That's what we do too. I find a good dose of Slap yo Mamma (the white container) makes a great addition to slaw.

My Sysco sells a Amish Slaw that I used for concessions in the early days but I do not know if it was Sysco brand or not but it was good.

Back