• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

hot dogs & hamburgers for 300

sunrise

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We are booked for a party of 300, not sure the adult/child ratio, but most likely more adults. My question is, should I get 300 dogs & 300 burgers, or more of each. Rest of the menu is baked beans & coleslaw, the client is providing the drinks. Assuming most people will eat more than one hot dog or one hamburg. The cost of both dogs & burgers isnt that high that I couldnt throw in an extra 50, but if there isnt a need then why? Party is next Friday
Thanks

Straight up, I'd go 200 and 200. Kids like dogs, so the ratio of adults to kids is important.

We are booked for a party of 300, not sure the adult/child ratio, but most likely more adults. My question is, should I get 300 dogs & 300 burgers, or more of each. Rest of the menu is baked beans & coleslaw, the client is providing the drinks. Assuming most people will eat more than one hot dog or one hamburg. The cost of both dogs & burgers isnt that high that I couldnt throw in an extra 50, but if there isnt a need then why? Party is next Friday
Thanks

A few things,

What size burgers are you using? If you are shopping at RD you have options on patty size. I like serving 6 or 7 ounce burgers, but 5 oz are prolly fine. I wouldn't go less than 5 though, just gonna be cooking more burgers if they are too small.

Are you going to serve both dogs and burgers at the same time? In my experience, if you put them both out there together, the vast majority of people will put one of each on their plate for sure on their first trip to the buffet line.

How long are you serving for? The longer you are there, the more trips to the line people will make.

Hot dogs are cheaper, my gameplan is to get a bunch of dogs on to the table first, with a bunch of toppings and condiments. Let people eat 1 or 2 of those. I encourage people to eat more than 1 dog by having a lot of condiments and toppings. Then I serve burgers. If you get the 10/1 size dogs, its only costing you like $20 for 50 dogs and buns, so I bring lots and throw them out there.

Back