• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

started skinning the pit

Mr. D

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I built this smoker back in the summer but never got around to putting the outer layer on it. Yesterday I started cutting up some material to skin it with.

IMG_0657-1_zps05a3eb3e.jpg

IMG_0817_zps9b822e5c.jpg

IMG_0816_zpse25c0726.jpg

IMG_0815_zps1fe3fdcb.jpg

Nice work. Looks great. Can wait to see how your first smoke looks on that Beast

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Nice work. Looks great. Can wait to see how your first smoke looks on that Beast

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I have cooked a few cooks on it so far for test runs. I guess that's why it has taken me so long to go ahead and skin it. It cooks good with out the outer layer.

This was the first cook.
IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

second cook

IMG_0688.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

I thought the product came out pretty good considering this was my first attempt at building a smoker. I am very pleased with the results.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Thanks Crazy Harry and and everyone else. Cooking has always been a passion of mine and it adds a level of satisfaction when it's done on a cooker you designed and built yourself.

You gonna put diamond plate in the triangles and rectangle in between the bars, or you gonna leave em without it? Looks great either way I bet, was just wondering if you had though about that. The diamond plate looks awesome.

You gonna put diamond plate in the triangles and rectangle in between the bars, or you gonna leave em without it? Looks great either way I bet, was just wondering if you had though about that. The diamond plate looks awesome.

I am planning to skin the cook chamber and firebox door as well. I will probably do that tomorrow.

Back