• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dedicated to a Red Hot!

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It’s Halloween season and candy abounds everywhere. I’ve managed to incorporate candy into BBQ and Grilling but they are usually in some type of dessert. My goal this time around was to come up with a way to get candy into something that wasn’t a dessert AND included MOINK Balls. Red Hots were my candy of choice and Red Hot Apple Glazed MOINK Balls was the end result.
Red-Hot5.jpg

Red Hot Apple Glaze

Ingredients:

• 2 cups apple juice
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup Red Hots
  • 8 grams Pectin
Directions:

Place apple juice, Red Hots and pectin in a sauce pan. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring contantly. Add the sugar and bring back to a boil. Boil, stirring constantly, for five minutes. Strain off any foam. Let cool slightly and place in an air tight container. It’s ready to be a glaze.

This glaze will work with MOINK Balls and Ribs. Not sure I’d use it on much of anything else, though. Keep in mind this stuff is sticky, so be prepared.

Red-Hot4.jpg

Red-Hot6.jpg

Why can't I use "Thanks" on a post more than once???

That is AWESOME Larry!:clap2:

That is one heck of a use of Red Hots, I think it works crazy!

Ok, I hate red hots and love MOINK Balls. These look so good I think I would have to give them a try in spite of the red #2 dye job. I'm guessing the sugar and apple juice mellowed out the overwhelming cinnamon taste and made these taste as good as they looked.

Nice creativity and great photos Larry.

Those look incredible would have neverthought of that Thanks Larry

Golly! Can u imagin what you could do with those after an evening of Tanquerey? My head is just spinning!

U da man, Grail!

Back