Big Apple Plowboy

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Coming to Manhattan, NY next Wednesday. Need to figure out what to do Wednesday night. I've done RUB, Daisy Mays, & Blue Smoke. Any other suggestions for Q?

I've been to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill about 3 years ago. That was really good. Bobby was in the place that night and we got to talk with him and get a picture. The women in the group were all a flutter. He looks like Danny from the Partridge Family to me.

Pies and Thighs has good vinegar-spiked pork and tasty fried chicken. That's in Brooklyn, tho.

Dinosaur is way uptown, but they have pretty alright stuff.

Waterfront AleHouse is in brooklyn and manhattan and has surprisingly good bbq.

Virgil's in midtown is hit or miss, but alright most of the time.

Spanky's, bonelick park, brothers, brother jimmy's, dallas jones, biscuit and smoke joint should all be skipped.....

You could hop over to Penn Station and take the Babylon line to Bayshore and stop by Willie B's. If you don't mind the trek, it's good food and nice people.

Eric

we could meet at mesa or flay's other place or I could take you to some native NY off the beaten path joint if you want. You bringing any supplies?
nancee

Coming to Manhattan, NY next Wednesday. Need to figure out what to do Wednesday night. I've done RUB, Daisy Mays, & Blue Smoke. Any other suggestions for Q?

I've been to Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill about 3 years ago. That was really good. Bobby was in the place that night and we got to talk with him and get a picture. The women in the group were all a flutter. He looks like Danny from the Partridge Family to me.

I work downtown at 115 Broadway and head home past Willie's every night and would have loved to taken you to Willie's, but alas I am driving south to Florida starting in 20 hours.

I'd say that if you have never been to a game at Yankee Stadium, that would be an option, but Wednesday's is an afternoon game.

I no, I'm pretty much usless.

Anyway, enjoy your stay in The Big Apple!

When I'm in town, I work at One Chase Plaza.

Nancee, Mesa sounds good to me. I could do that again. It has been years. PM me and I'll bring whatever you want.

I'd be glad to meet you all at Mesa Wednesday, at least for an appetizer or drink. Let me know details.

excellent. what time shall we all meet then?
nancee

When I'm in town, I work at One Chase Plaza.

Nancee, Mesa sounds good to me. I could do that again. It has been years. PM me and I'll bring whatever you want.

New York Noodletown - One of the best chinese roast meat places in the city. To early for their famous soft-shelled crab. You want to start with the baby pig then salt-baked shrimp, duck with flowering chives, stuffed baby eggplant and Singapore Mi fun. And if you like soup, don't forget to start off with a bowl.

excellent. what time shall we all meet then?
nancee

I'll be at the Mesa Grill bar between 5:30p and 6p. Anyone planning to join us for dinner, please post up so I can get a reservation. Otherwise, join for a drink.

Clint - I'll have your table with me assuming you still want it. :smile:

I'll be at the Mesa Grill bar between 5:30p and 6p. Anyone planning to join us for dinner, please post up so I can get a reservation. Otherwise, join for a drink.

Definitely bring it. Also some of that great chicken rub if you're producing it yet. I'll meet up for a drink but probably have to head out on the early side.

Richard

I think you need to put on your "Lauren Tewes- Cruise Director" outfit and show them around

I am in NYC frequently enough that I know where I want to eat. If things progress the way they are going, I may be moving back in the not so distant future.

Bill - Do you have a line on a three-bedroom apartment, somewhere in the low 20's on the east-side :wink:

Greg and I will try to get there as close to 5:30 as possible. We can eat there as planned or go somewhere else if you prefer. I will email you from home later and if its not too late, you can bring me a care package.
nancee

Back