• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Versus $100,000 BBQ contest Series

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Thought I would post this for all of you, looks like Versus (formerly OLN) will be showing the "BBQ Championship Series" this weekend.

Each of the participants is competiting in this contest will be going for the grand prize of $100,000 !! The first program is Fast Eddy going against Ray Lampe (Dr. BBQ). Looks like a pretty interesting series and line up, plus the cash prize doesnt sound to bad :-D

Maybe someday one of us will be there in the lime light showing off our skills :wink: Unitl then I guess I'll be watching, learning and experimenting.

http://www.versus.tv/nw/article/view/20854/?UserDef=true&catID=79

Some of us will be busy learning from Paul Kirk this weekend in NYC.

But for the rest of you, that sounds like some great TV.

i dont get Versus, so if anyone knows how to record it and put it on dvd, pm me.

BrooklynQ said:
Some of us will be busy learning from Paul Kirk this weekend in NYC.

But for the rest of you, that sounds like some great TV.

Robert believe me I would LOVE to be at that class, but NYC is alittle to far to go, even for the Barron of BBQ :-D

Bossmanbbq said:
Robert believe me I would LOVE to be at that class, but NYC is alittle to far to go, even for the Barron of BBQ :-D

I know Bossman - was really trying to tweak a few others on here.

They really should revise that, as it's only a $75,000 grand prize. Nothing to sneeze at, but it would have been really cool if #@^%#&^%#^$# would have won $100K!

Rod

Drbbq is on the tube..

not that theres anything wrong with that. :)

hi ray. :wink: :twisted:

drbbq said:
You know, the camera adds 100 lbs.

Does it make one "cute" also???

Just wondering :redface:

Good luck DOC, not that you need it!

TIM

WTF!!!! Ray, they hammered you cause your did a skinless breast..??? :eek:

How the fark can they judge on something thats NOT there.?? :confused:

that dude says "I like my chicken with skin and that didnt have any, so .." uh.. 50!?? WTF?? :eek:

What happened to judge as presented?? :evil:

chit, so if they only like breasts, they can give you a zero if u give them a thigh or wing. ??

what a gip!!

I protest!!!

Lee-anne is taking a whippen on her lobster.. ouch.... (get it???? .. leeanne..... whippen)?? hahahahahaha I made a funny. :roll: :tongue:

Ray makes a comeback from the chicken debacle.... and takes it all!!! :eusa_clap

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

But.....
Why aint u wearing your Brethren Tee Shirt. ? :twisted: :cool:

Overall, I thought the show was average... Glad to see Ray pull out the win.

I could do without the celebrity judging - they are B-list celebrities at best.. I don't think they added anything to the show that regular judges would not have added. My wife had never heard of any of them. I liked last season's version - All Star BBQ Showdown much better.... The whole set up and format of this one reminded me too much of a knock off version of Iron Chef America...

I was not expecting a step by step, but there was way too little going in the way of showing or talking about the cooking....

Hopefully, next week will be a bit better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Congrats again Ray....

Hitting the rerun overnight tonight with TIVO. Forgot to record it earlier. I enjoyed the All Star show last year. Those Cakalacky guys were our favs. They were hilarious.

Congrats Ray!!

Hope you win the rest.

When I found out you would be on I called my brother and his wife and they watched it too. They pass on their Congrats too.

Back