• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cutting Table/Work Area

rugbyguytx

Got Wood.
Reaction score
So here's the deal. One of my side ventures is with a tailgating team in the area. We do it up huge and usually have around 150-200 people join us every home game and 2-3 of us are usually cooking, cutting, serving. As the season kicks off again, we are starting to remember why those small while folding tables suck for food prep. Lay the cut-mat down and a cutting board on top, drop the food down and start carving, chopping, cutting, etc. The height of the table kills the back and I would like to find/build something that would work for prep and carving/chopping, be able to put a logo on it if necessary and maybe have some storage on it.

Anyone built something that would work you could share pics of or maybe there is something out there already built?

Whatcha guys think?

So here's the deal. One of my side ventures is with a tailgating team in the area. We do it up huge and usually have around 150-200 people join us every home game and 2-3 of us are usually cooking, cutting, serving. As the season kicks off again, we are starting to remember why those small while folding tables suck for food prep. Lay the cut-mat down and a cutting board on top, drop the food down and start carving, chopping, cutting, etc. The height of the table kills the back and I would like to find/build something that would work for prep and carving/chopping, be able to put a logo on it if necessary and maybe have some storage on it.

Anyone built something that would work you could share pics of or maybe there is something out there already built;
Whatcha guys think?

I planned to build a table, then I found stainless steel tables at Fast Fixins and bought a tall table thats 4'X 22".

I'm tall so I have felt your pain... :grin:

I hear you about the low back......tables good to eat at are not good to work at.
I found a set of folding, adjustable length, metal saw horses at Lowes some time back. I grabbed a used hollow core door and screwed the horses to it and glued some cheap flooring to the top side. When it is folded up and laying in the bed of the truck, it is only about 4 or 5 inches tall. When I open it up to use, the legs will stand up well past 40". This will not give you any storage space but it is very easy to move and store.

Brad

We use lots of the wire shelf rolling storage carts from costco or sam's. They're reasonable and allow banners and storage right where we are. Makes loading that much easier. Steve.

Get some heavy wall PVC pipe for the table legs to fit into to achieve whatever height you need.

I use Lifetime tables with 6" PVC pipes for leg extensions. Works awesome and my back thanks me for it. And I use disposable cutting boards on top.

I explored building my own table and getting stainless steel but dang that got expensive.

Get some heavy wall PVC pipe for the table legs to fit into to achieve whatever height you need.

Yep. A lot of people do this...

picture.php

CD

Cabela's sells some prep tables that are 37" ft high. I have been eyeballing them online, but have no firsthand experience with them.

Or this. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-4-Foot-Adjustable-Height-Folding/dp/B003DYZQKO?tag=vglnk-c1416-20"]Amazon.com: Lifetime 80161 4-Foot Commercial Adjustable Height Folding Table, Almond Tabletop with Bronze Frame: Home & Kitchen[/ame]

My table's bottom brace is horizontal. But luckily has adjustable legs :wink:

Got it at Target or Sams year ago. Goes up to counter height, which is a little short for me, but better than nothing

Back