Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Brew City's Best BBQ, Milwaukee, WI 9/3-4

Wow! After doing Mexico the weekend before?!? That's a heck of a back-to-back!

Will be good to see you guys again though, and we can wish you a happy anniversary in person:-D

Kind of a PSA if I may, Marjorie Rucker, the organizer, is looking for someone to cook for a KCBS judges class on 9/2, the day before this event. Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, so thought I would, in case folks that might be interested aren't on her email list
Dann

Good evening everyone,

As mentioned earlier last week, we are in need of a cook for the Thursday, September 2, 2010 Judge’s Class. If you or anyone you know are interested, please let me know as soon as possible and I will hook you up with Mike Lake. Thanks so much everyone and thank you all for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Marjorie Rucker
Main Street Manager
Historic King Drive BID
2212 N. MLK Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
P: 414-265-5809
F: 866-237-3165

I got an e-mail from Marjorie saying that she only has 11 teams so far! If anyone is on the bubble now is the time to sign up! She needs 25 to make it a qualifier.

We are trying to get some of the KC teams up, but no luck yet. We will be there whether it is a qualifier or not.

I got an e-mail from Marjorie saying that she only has 11 teams so far! If anyone is on the bubble now is the time to sign up! She needs 25 to make it a qualifier.

If you let me sneak by you and I can get a GC this weekend you can count me in

Good Luck every one .If something changes with my work situation I will hotfoot it down but in 13 years I have not been able to have that friday off.

Last edited:
If you let me sneak by you and I can get a GC this weekend you can count me in

It's not us that you have to sneak by. It's the ringer from Kansas City that we all have to sneak by :-D

Just got the email below from Marjorie. Sure hope they find another 11 teams....in 9 days!
----------------------------------

Good morning,

You are receiving this email because you are registered to compete at Brew City’s Best BBQ Competition this year! As you know, we are hosting another KCBS-sanctioned event but we only have 14 teams registered, and need 25 to qualify for our State Championship. Because we need at least 11 more teams to qualify, I am offering an incentive. If I have 25 teams by the due date (which means that you nudge the KCBS bushes for competitors), which is Friday, August 27, 2010, every team (including the 14 that have already registered), will be entered into a raffle to receive their $200 entry fee back! The team’s name will be drawn at the Cook’s meeting on Friday, September 3 at 6pm.

Please pass along the attached competitor packet or encourage them to give me a call. If you have any questions, you know where to find me. It’s a pleasure as always to serve you and I hope to see you all on Friday, September 3. Have a great rest of the week.

Sincerely,

Marjorie Rucker
Main Street Manager
Historic King Drive BID
2212 N. MLK Dr.
Milwaukee, WI 53212
P: 414-265-5809
F: 866-237-3165

Join the BID at its 3rd Annual MLK Street Jam & BBQ on Saturday, September 4th. Visit mlkbbq.com for more information.

We Will be there

Looking forward to moving into the large lot from the street this year

Looking forward to moving into the large lot from the street this year

You can have my spot. But I get it back next year!!!

Have fun all! I always enjoyed this contest.

Per Marjorie..."All competitors will be on the perimeter of the church lot this year; someone had the audacity to get married on Saturday, September 4 which means that the church lot needed to be open on Saturday, so we’re out of luck for the lot this year but next year, definitely."

Not sure how it will work, but they do a great job there so I'm sure it'll be fine!

I gotta say.. I bet the neighborhood that the contest is held, Is probably in better shape than some of the suburbs around me... Never once, have I had problem. I've never heard of anyone having any sorts of problems in 2 years of cooking the contest. Honestly, to say this and try to scare away teams and never having cooked it is not doing any favors for a home state contest.

Try and cook it, then critique the contest... They bend over backwards for you. They also have a great bar that we used to go and have a good time at..... :doh:

Back