Naturally Risen - Una Pizza Napoletana Short Documentary Video

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
For all the pizza guys/gals...

Naturally Risen, is a short film documenting the rhythm of the process of noted pizzaiola Anthony Mangieri. Anthony owned and operated Una Pizza Napoletana in the East Village of New York City from 2004 until 2009. The film takes a decided non-verbal, intimate approach, in the tradition of a surf video – allowing Mangieri's disciplined movements to speak for themself. Legendary skateboarder and musician Tommy Guerrero, provides the score. Directed by Michael Evans

A lot of new Neopolitan style pizza places opened up since but he was one of the first to bring back the tradition to NYC.. He recently closed and is planning to re-open in San Fran.
I had the pleasure of eating at UPN three times in 2007/08 and it was great.. wish I had been there more now that it closed.

This video really shows the artistry that goes into pizza.

Enjoy...

http://www.vimeo.com/6938721

Last edited:
Awesome vid. Funny how they take such pains weighing the crust, then just guess at the sauce and cheese.

Great video! Loved the pizza and soundtrack, hints of Robert Fripp in the background.

I love Napaletana style pizza, something I am working on myself. Great video Vinny thanks for sharing.

Really? I'm not so sure about that. Just saying.

I'm sure he is experienced and knows exactly how much to add, but it looked a little "funny" to me that they went to all that trouble weighing the crust, then adding a little sliver.

It did look great though.

What happened to him and the pizzeria? Did it close this year?

Back