• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What the he11 is Irish BBQ?

10 beers and a grilled potato. 11th beer may not be substituted for potato. Irish bbq.

Lamb is a good idea. They eat a lot of lamb in Ireland. You can also consider salmon, which is a staple. Oysters are also popular.
Corned beef is a traditional Irish-American dish, but rarely (if ever) actually eaten in Ireland.

Whatever meat you decide on serve it with colcannon and you wont go wrong and if you want to impress use lots and lots of butter. Corned beef is the most traditional meat imo. Oh and don't forget cabbage and bacon. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I wonder if little guys in green outfits can be spit roasted like a suckling pig! :laugh:

Sorry, I'll go back and sit quietly in the corner. :crazy:

Coddle for a side I've found people like better than colcannon. Try a Guinness BBQ sauce and Irish whisky in a glaze. If you have a large enough smoker possibly a whole lamb or mutton would be something different than most.

Wow, you all are awesome! Thank you. I didn't have my email notification on, so I thought you all forgot me. :)

These are some GREAT ideas. I often smoke those little corned beefs you get at Wal Mart to make pastrami - and thought of corning my own briskets. But it seems too much like a project.

I find out I can buy full packer briskets 10 lbs. - corned and seasoned from my wholesaler from IBP. 3.50/lb, but they are all done.

I going to do that on the CTO tomorrow early to serve to friends.

I'm originally from the Northeast, so there are plenty of ethnic folk there - and I've eaten my weight at Jewish delis. There's hardly anything better than a Pastrami on rye bread with good mustard - and it shaved ultra thin. I don't have a meat slicer - I'm a Texas brisket guy for fark-sake!

How am I gonna get that pastrami sliced real thin without a slicer - or do I take it to 200 degrees and serve it like thin brisket - 1/4 or less?

Wow, you all are awesome! Thank you. I didn't have my email notification on, so I thought you all forgot me. :)

These are some GREAT ideas. I often smoke those little corned beefs you get at Wal Mart to make pastrami - and thought of corning my own briskets. But it seems too much like a project.

I find out I can buy full packer briskets 10 lbs. - corned and seasoned from my wholesaler from IBP. 3.50/lb, but they are all done.

I going to do that on the CTO tomorrow early to serve to friends.

I'm originally from the Northeast, so there are plenty of ethnic folk there - and I've eaten my weight at Jewish delis. There's hardly anything better than a Pastrami on rye bread with good mustard - and it shaved ultra thin. I don't have a meat slicer - I'm a Texas brisket guy for fark-sake!

How am I gonna get that pastrami sliced real thin without a slicer - or do I take it to 200 degrees and serve it like thin brisket - 1/4 or less?

When I make pastrami, I take it to about 165* on the smoker, and then finish in the oven in my turkey roaster to steam it the rest of the way.

But yes, I take it to 200* or so, rest and slice. You could slice it thinner by getting really cold before slicing, but then you'd have to reheat it.

Back