Just Finished my Longest smoke on UDS

Theboz1419

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Boy, my UDS worked overtime this last weekend and can now finally be shut down.

I will post pics soon.

But, first would like to say, I love my UDS. I started Saturday with a 4 pound beer can chicken, nothing fancy, in the early afternoon. I had thought I had closed all the vents and it was going out, lol.

Well, to my surprised Sunday, just before noon, I went out to get it ready for a 13 pound brisket and it was still chugging along at 200 degrees. So, just added a few more peices of lump and some Hickory and put the brisket on.

22 hours later the Brisket finally reached at temp of 195-200, the UDS never got hotter then 240, and it averaged around 210 to whole smoke.

There is going to be some Delicious Brisket Tacos, today. along with my first homade Ancho, serrano, and Jalapeno Salsa.

There is probably enough lump to go another 24 hours or so, I love that thing :bow:

You can wake up now! Great dream, sounds tasty but if there are no pics it didn't happen.

Nice. I just finished building my UDS and plan to cook on it for the first time tonight - I'm very excited!

Oh come on, it's a holiday. Cut him a break.:rolleyes:

I guess we can, but take pictures next time, we like to see mouth watering pron! It does sound good boz, great job and keep that drum smokin'! :thumb:

22 hour brisket? That sucker was stubborn.

They are the be all end all of smokers :)

im not the best at taking pics but as promissed here they are

dscf9381.jpg

dscf9382.jpg

dscf9383o.jpg

dscf9384.jpg

dscf9385b.jpg

dscf9386.jpg

22 hour brisket? That sucker was stubborn.

They are the be all end all of smokers :)

I have done a few briskets, and I was not looking at doing a all nighter when I started this smoke I thought it was going to be done sometime around 8 or 9 pm, when I put it on the uds about noon.

The pics of my temps was about 5 or 6 hours into the cook 203 was a tad low, I tried to keep it around 220 to 230. I did not have to touch it very often, mostly i had to keep giving it more air flow as I smoked it, due to the ash build up, I believe.

Yeah, it stalled at about 170 all night long and did not start getting close to 190 until around 9am this morning.

I do have to say this seemed like a very flexible brisket I picked up at Walmart, usually the bend a little not much, this one I could bend in half very easly.

It was very juicy and has a great bark. Also, this was the first one I pulled. andI actually like it better this way :cool:

Back