New Daniel Boone from Green MTn Grill with pics

beejaydee87

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I got my Daniel Boone grill last week and I just wanted to share pics of my first cook. I absolutely love this smoker. No complaints at all.

BTW, for those of you that live in the california BAY AREA... you need to check out the place where i bought this grill. They're located in Livermoore . www.greenleafbbq.com ... They have rubs & sauces that you will not find in your local grocery store. Tim and Carry are extremely helpful and their customer service is top notch.

thanks for viewing,
Benjamin

DSC_1454.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

6lb pork butt sprinkled with John Henry's PECAN RUB and set at 225 for 12hrs until IT 195 .
DSC_1527.jpg

bone came off clean and the meat was moist.
DSC_1546.jpg

DSC_1554.jpg

atomic turds
DSC_1532.jpg

DSC_1534.jpg

Baby Backs set at 180 for 2 hours then 225 for another 2.5 ( no foil )
DSC_1567.jpg

the final result came out moist but the smoke ring was not very noticeable. At least the flavor was definitely there.
DSC_1576.jpg

Nice looking cooker, great looking meat and some AWESOME photos!! I tried to eat that pulled pork sandwich...LOL

looks very good did you buy the smoker from tim ??????

Those pictures are finger lickin' good!:thumb: Nice job, nice unit.

Great looking smoker, looks like you have it dialed in just right.
Fabulous pics, wanted to grab that rib right off my monitor.
Still drooling.

How are these compared to a Traeger? I had a Texas style and sold mine was thinking of buying a smaller Traeger but these look nice.

hey Benjamin, congrats on the new grill, Tim and Carrie are good people. We just had a Bash out at his shop and got to see the GMG in action. The Bay Area Brethren are familiar with Greenleaf, he is on here as OakpitBBQ. That is some good looking food you cooked up there.

Rowdycowboy, the GMG compares favorably in terms of materials, is a little better in terms of service from what I understand. The people I know who have cooked on both believe the GMG is very competitive. And of course, for us out here, it is assembled in CA.

Those are some mighty fine looking eats right there!:thumb:

My understanding is that they are now built in NV, did a quick check. The two guys I know who have had, or do have both, prefer the GMG to the Traeger. Visually, the metal and finish are pretty close.

I've never used a trager but i have seen both the GMG DB and Texas Elite in person. The reason why I bought the GMG was because the quality of the materials was superb in comparison to the traeger. There are lots of "perks" that the gmg has over the traeger i.e. pellet alarm, peaked dome hood for cooking chicken, hopper fan, etc.. ( check out the GMG website for a comparison listing.)

Just like most guys out here, I like having the lastest and greatest of everything. So far, my Daniel Boone has met all my expectations :-D

I'm not sure how you made the PICS so big, but the food looks great

Back