Bacon Venison Patty With Bacon Sauce

Started with a some lean ground venison.
s14.jpg

Fried up some bacon
s19.jpg

Bacon AND bacon grease
s18.jpg

Added one egg, sour cream, Worcestershire, sauteed onion and garlic, and cracked black pepper
s13.jpg

s12.jpg

Mixed with the venison
s11.jpg

Patty-ized
s8.jpg

The sauce is super simple. Fry MORE bacon:p, combine just the bacon with sour cream, heavy cream, Worcestershire, hot sauce, minced sweet onion and cracked black pepper.
s10.jpg

s9.jpg

Grilled on Homey
s5.jpg

Grilled them rare, love my venison rare. Plated up with plenty of bacon sauce, more cracked black pepper, along with some sliced tomatoes, sweet onion slices, homegrown avocado, and some tortillas. Yum! Please use this shot and thanks for looking!
s3.jpg

Bacon Sauce? ... Did I read Bacon Sauce? :rolleyes:

I have a feeling that I might just start putting Bacon Sauce on everything.

Thanks fellas! It ain't a stand alone, ergo, when ya stick a finger in and taste, it ain't jumping. It needs to be with something to shine. Meat or taters be really good.

Alright, I will throw my hat into the ring in hopes of getting a zero after seeing all the great entries so far. This was a "team" entry as my girlfriend wanted to help.

I started off with a couple of chuck roasts that I cooked yesterday. I pulled one and saved the other for something else.

IMG_0607.jpg

We started off with some basic ingredients including some pulled chuck (leftovers, check), roasted hatch peppers and onions. These three were heated and mixed together along with some store bought enchilada sauce (can of sauce, check).

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

We took some flour tortillas and spread on some cheese and the meat.

IMG_0623.jpg

Then rolled them up and placed them in a dish. Then a drizzle of a little more enchilada sauce and topped with some more cheese.

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

The girlfriend made up a butter, flour, chicken broth, sour cream, Mrs. Renfro's hot jalapeno green salsa and some fresh spinach. This was really good and we plan to use as a base for many things.

IMG_0621.jpg

The sauce was then added to the dish.

IMG_0630.jpg

The enchiladas were then cooked at around 400* for 25 minutes then some chives and a little more cheese was added and it cooked for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.

IMG_0672.jpg

On a plate in its saucy goodness.

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0688.jpg
(Fork crutch, check)

These were very good and had plenty of heat to bring a sweat to my brow. This will definitely be a new favorite and I cannot wait to try it with pork or even chicken.

Well, tonight we celebrated Chinese New Year. We also had Family night, and the girls thought it would be ok to put something together for the Saucy Throwdown. For dinner, I made some General Tso's chicken. Gore had been mentioning it for sometime now.

IMG_4496.jpg

and some Chinese pancakes

IMG_4497.jpg

with a few other treats

IMG_4506-1.jpg

Then we got set for the sauce Throwdown with dessert. I know that for a lot of you sauce means BBQ but maybe it's a girl thing but I think Chocolate. Chocolate Sauce. :rolleyes:

IMG_4484.jpg

which needed more chocolate :rolleyes:

IMG_4488.jpg

I simmered this on my Oval

IMG_4490.jpg

Of course we needed something to put that sauce upon, and what better than brownies. :rolleyes: I put my helpers to work measuring and mixing and sifting

IMG_4485.jpg

We cooked them on my Oval

IMG_4498.jpg

Of course, I couldn't have brownies without some ice cream, so we made a delicious vanilla. That drip is of vanilla bean crush which is like condensed vanilla beans.

IMG_4493.jpg

After some cooking and lots of stirring

IMG_4503.jpg

We had some brownies and ice cream for dessert with chocolate sauce

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

Seeing as it was Squirrel day yesterday we took some liberties with cutting the brownies.

IMG_4537.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Bigmista's secret sauce on rib tips!

Well, I went down to the farmers market Saturday to pick up some of Bigmista's bitchin' beef rub when I saw he had some of His secret sauce for sale. :idea: Well I had not prepared anything for the "Saucy" throw down so this would be perfect for my entry.

I came home and pulled out two frozen bags of rib tips. This morning I put some rub on the ribs. On the left I used Bigmista's perfect pork rib rub. On the right I used Oakridge secret weapon pork & chicken rub.

IMG_0157.jpg

Rib tips on my 50 year old Imperial Kamado.

IMG_0168.jpg

Time for some of BIGMISTA'S SECRET SAUCE!
Money shot! :becky:

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Rib tips and ABT's.

IMG_0206.jpg

Thanks for looking! :-D

Every time I go to Chick-Fil-A I find myself asking for extra Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. I just can't get enough of that stuff so on Tuesday I hit up google in search of the recipe so I don't have to open all those little farking packets every time. Then on Saturday I came across a thread asking about copycat Chick-Fil-A chicken recipes. Which gave me an idea. :idea:

Some friends asked us to come over for a small get together today to watch some playoff football so I figured I'd make some appetizers.

I decided to wrap some chicken chunks in bacon and serve them with the Honey Roasted BBQ sauce. I also cut up some more chicken chunks and glazed them with an orange sesame ginger sauce. Last but not least some ABT's which I prepared with pineapple and SM sweet seduction.

The bacon wrapped chicken

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

ABT stuffing

IMG_1733.jpg

Everybody on the egg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

Plated - I couldn't decide between these two pics for the throwdown. I'll let you decide. Farking drips. Did I mention I was a throwdown rookie?

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

The BBQ sauce turned out great it tastes remarkably close to the original. Here's the recipe if anyone is interested.

1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Honey
1 Tbls. Dijon Mustard
1 tsp. Ketchup
1 tsp. Granulated Sugar
1/4 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. each of Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
2 1/2 Tbls. White Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Liquid Smoke
1.4 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 Egg Yolk
1 tsp. Water
1 Tbls. Corn Starch

Directions:In a saucepan combine all ingredients up to and including onion powder,over medium heat until boiling; stir well. Remove from heat. Cool,uncovered for 10 minutes. Add vinegar, smoke flavoring and lemon juice.
Whisk egg yolk and water together until pale yellow.;Whisk in the cornstarch until dissolved.
Drizzle the cooked sauce into the egg mixture, while whisking so egg does not curdle. This will make a thick creamy emulsion that will prevent the oil from separating. Cover and chill until needed. Makes 1 cup.

The Orange Sesame Ginger sauce was a mixture of orange juice, honey, sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and a little cornstarch slurry to thicken it up.

Peace

Bacon Sauce? ... Did I read Bacon Sauce? :rolleyes:

Yes you did. And, I think that should be against the rules. I don't know what rules are, but it should be against some rule.

Bacon sauce is like tossing down a hundred dollar bet at a small bet poker table. That's just wrong. :tsk:

CD

The Gore/ecode team used not one, but two child crutches, and the General Tso crutch on top of that. Have you no shame? :tsk:

But, even though I am not a dessert fan, that chocolate sauce looks pretty farking good. :thumb:

So yes, I'd eat that, but would do so while internally despising your callous use of your children and a dead general for personal gain.

CD :becky:

I am anxiously awaiting my first zero. I couldn't have picked a better throwdown to fark up for my first time. This is awesome. Can't wait to enter another one. What's the record for consecutive zero's?

Record for consecutive zero's?:shock: That would be interesting to find out. At least for me. Maybe not so much for the person who owns that particular streak.

Someone asked another question recently. It might be about time to put on the thinking foil cap and crunch some numbers.

Back