• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Oak Ridge BBQ Spices Question?

Smokin' Greene

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I going to order the Black Ops to try on brisket. Would y'all order any of the other spices?
THANKS!!!

Habanero death dust is a for sure.

If you do not have your own Santa maria style rub theirs is really good as well.

They have a new rub that should be out that I was fortune enough to sample last month which is also great.

Forgot to mention you should probably order there sample pack with your purchase to get a tasting of their other rubs.

secret weapon is pretty good as well. But for sure the HDD if you like spicy. The spiciness tones down a lot when cooked.

+3 on the sample pack. To tell you the truth I haven't found a rub/seasoning from them that I haven't liked yet.

When I first ordered from them I got some Black Ops, HDD, and their sample pack. Might I also suggest their shaker they sell. It has somewhat small holes for finely ground rubs like theirs but spreads very evenly. Far better than the plastic ones you normally get.

Better double up on that Black Ops when you order. You'll be glad you did. Best damn beef rub I've ever used. Then a sample pack, and go ahead and get the HDD while you're at it. :thumb::thumb:

+++ on sample pack, some HDD and an additional 5lb bag of Venison and Wild Game rub (excellent on Beef Ribs!!)

Definitely get the Sample pack. Did I mention you should get the sample pack? Oh, I almost forgot to tell you to get the sample pack. And when you get the sample pack, you should probably go ahead and get 2.

Definitely go for the sample pack....

The Santa Maria Steak seasoning is great on steaks and prime rib...

Their competition beef and pork rub is also outstanding.

They also have a new sweet rib rub that's a real winner.

It really doesn't matter which OakRidge rub you buy, you won't be disappointment and you can't go wrong.

Last edited:
Definitely get the Sample pack. Did I mention you should get the sample pack? Oh, I almost forgot to tell you to get the sample pack. And when you get the sample pack, you should probably go ahead and get 2.

And don't forget the sample pack on your way out.

Sounds like a consensus. I placed my first order with them recently - got the Black Ops, HDD and the sample pack but haven't been able to use them yet.

The Black Ops and HDD will get their test this weekend for the super bowl festivities...really can't wait to try it all out!

Back