View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
GreenDrake
is One Chatty Farker

You won't be disappointed, here are the main differences, and I don't bash BGE, they are awesome as well. The KJ has powdercoated stainless steel, 3" dome thermometer, is thicker, comes fully assembled, uses finished bamboo hardwood for shelves and handles (very very nice, no stains or water seepage) has a 20 year warranty, comes in black or red and is just plain fun as all get out. Look the Kamado style cooker has been around for 3000 years, these things are rock solid.

I, being a pellethead, am doing my best to learn more tools, this being one of them. I can attest that these things are awesome fun, like probably any other cooker would be of the ceramic variety. The fact they they are $200 less expensive is also a HUGE savings. All markets change, competition breeds value and quality, the KJ is a family member now and I love it.

I had some fun with silly videos yeah, I sent a cleaner one with some Zac Brown to Bobby at KJ and they posted it up on their Facebook site. Good guys, they won't touch the "ours is better argument" They offer a nice grill and it works well at a great price, win win. I love the red one too, I have named him El Guapo.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote