View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 PM   #21
donhd04
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye531 View Post
Looks very good. What did you rub with?
i used meatheads rub from www.amazingribs.com but it was a little peppery for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
That is a good looking brisket Are you sure that was your first?
I promise this is first brisket i have ever done and i was nervous as hell about how it was going to turn out. Thanks for the compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedinvt View Post
Great lookin brisket!! Did you mop it with something? The "bark" on the top looks really, really good!
No i didn't mop it, i didn't even spritz it. i think foiling it when it reached 165 and adding some of the injection marinade in with it helped alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMac View Post
Looks great!

I hope it wasn't those prescription meds that made it so good! (Hillbilly Heroin Mod)
HaHaHa. No those are my 9 year old german shepards ********l. just found out last week she has a tumor the size of a softball in her liver. Yes she did get a good helpling of brisket also. Man i love that dog.

Thanks guys for all your help in this brisket. I just wish i could have shared it with you all. I done a lot of reading and searching this forum to come up with what i thought would work, and it really did work. Again Thanks you guys, you as a Bretheren have helped me take my cooking to a whole new level!!!!