View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #181
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
I used to lurk on that forum a couple years ago and most of those guys were brutal on anything that wasn't a BGE. Lurked earlier today and they seemed to have improved on that some.
The Egghead Forum today is a largely different crowd than it was several months ago. Back in August 2011 BGE corporate took over running the Egghead Forum site and installed the Vanilla forum look that is there today. It was a pretty rough transition and the folks that ran the old forum took the old format over to greeneggers.com. I would say the majority of the long time posters went with them to greeneggers.com.

I'd say the majority of those posting on the Egghead Forum now haven't been there that long and they seem to be more flexible than a lot of the folks who left. Of course there are some folks there still that enjoy stirring the pot just to because they like to but there are folks like that on any forum.

If you posted this on greeneggers.com I think you'd get a worse reaction. There's a lot more diehard Eggers there (and a lot more members in general) so the sheer numbers alone would lead to more negative reactions.

Before I get too far off topic, nice job on the vids JM!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote