• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Now I'm a believer...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
After brining a chicken last weekend, and really liking it, I decided to try my hand at a 13 pound turkey this weekend.

Deboned on Saturday (but not pretty)
Deboning a turkey was more challenging then deboning a chicken...
photo2-1.jpg

Into the briny deep... (yeah, I know I used that line last week... I just like it. Again used Patio Daddio's recipe...
photo3-1.jpg

Out of the brine Sunday, and stuffed with a bread stuffing - nothing fancy here. Rubbed with olive oil and dusted with a salt free herb mix.
photo4.jpg

After 2 hours in a 350 degree oven. Yes, I said oven. I'm so ashamed. Preheated oven to 400, then dropped it when I put the bird in.
Sorry - too tired to try to rotate this picture...

photo10.jpg

Sliced up...

photo5.jpg

Home made gravy

photo8.jpg

Smashed potatoes... If you look at the cutting board in the bottom left corner you will see all the juice from the turkey... crazy...

photo7.jpg

My plate...

photo9.jpg

I'm really tired now... wonder who's doing the dishes??

Last week, I used half the salt the recipe called for.
Yesterday I used all that was called for.
I found the final product to be a tad too salty for me, but certainly not a deal breaker. Next time I do this, I will cut the salt slightly. I rarely use salt, so I am probably a little sensative to it.

Day-um fine, got to do that! Gots a few on sale birds in the freezer:grin:

That looks good! I'm doing a turkey on the UDS tomorrow....using Patio Daddio's recipe. Hope mine turns out like yours did.

Looks like all the hard work was worth it! I am going to give Patio Daddio's brine a try, I read nothing but great reviews.

Great looking dinner. Nice job

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

Back