New Braunfels Restoration and Mods w PRON!

It looks like you found one of the old thick-steel models. Great score and awesome work! Pork butt all the way for your first cook. Don't forget to run it empty at a high temp first to make sure the chemicals are burnt off.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned by y'all, but you should season that thing of beauty. Good luck with him.

It looks like you found one of the old thick-steel models. Great score and awesome work! Pork butt all the way for your first cook. Don't forget to run it empty at a high temp first to make sure the chemicals are burnt off.

Thanks, I forgot about that. I'll run it through some time this week.

Now I'm off to the store to get a pork butt, seems like everyone endorses that for the first run, and some fatties of course.

I did, it's definitely not the Char-Grill version. After I got this I checked out the char-grill version at Lowes and it's remarkable how much thinner the steel is.

But I don't think it's as thick as some other models I've seen. This one is about 1/8" thick, I think I've seen some that are a 1/4" thick but it's hard to tell in pics.

Back