Fort Atkinson, WI - Updated with results

Didn't know about this contest...already signed up to do Mt. Vernon, Illinois (only 30 minutes from home), but if they're not on the same weekend next year, will consider it. Do they have a website?

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

I plan on being there hiding behind Ford.My question is ...Are the grounds under water.I am somewhat familar with the area as I used to coon hunt the area and there is an awful lot of low ground.Dive you may want to call Billy and see if this is in one of those low areas and if it is if they have been out there lately?

I plan on being there hiding behind Ford.My question is ...Are the grounds under water.I am somewhat familar with the area as I used to coon hunt the area and there is an awful lot of low ground.Dive you may want to call Billy and see if this is in one of those low areas and if it is if they have been out there lately?

Billy assures me the site is high and dry as are all the roads around there. If I get there and the ground won't hold the 10,000+ pounds of my truck and trailer then I may be a tad upset. But he says there's gravel to park on as well as grass so I'll be there by 10 I hope if the roads in IL are open. Going to pay tolls and stay on the interstate.

I may have to portage the car across some of the creeks.The low lying areas around our area are in a lot of trouble.

Early report has Ford winning the Harley (GC) and Divemaster taking 3rd in his first contest!!
Congrats guys and look forward to the pics and of course the stories!! :cool:

I had the pleasure of spending the comp with Ford.Man just rolls thru turn ins and sits and relaxes.It was time well spent for me.It was great to meet Dive and some others.I have pics of Fords winnings but cant seem to post them.

I had the pleasure of spending the comp with Ford.Man just rolls thru turn ins and sits and relaxes.It was time well spent for me.It was great to meet Dive and some others.I have pics of Fords winnings but cant seem to post them.

You musta rubbed off on him.....:cool:

What a great contest. Great people, excellent facilities, and a bar tender that wanted to get up at 4 am to make us coffee and bloody mary's. And the GC is pretty cool. I heard a rumor that no pics and it didn't happen. I'm sure there will be more posts but here's a couple.

fordandbike.jpg.w300h225.jpg

bike.jpg.w300h225.jpg

aircleaner.jpg.w300h225.jpg

1961 HD Sportster with a rebuilt 1979 900cc engine. I decided to keep the bike rather than trade for the golf cart that was also way cool. The air cleaner is custom engraved with the contest logo.

Wow! Congratulations Ford on GC. That's the nicest GC Trophy I've ever seen. Enjoy!

Congrats brothers Ford and Divemaster! Nice Trophy, Ford!
Dive.....what can I say, I'm impressed, I'm very happy for you!

Congrats again Jeff!!
Musta took alot outta ya...wake up boy and post some pics of that trophy!! :cool:

Congrats to Ford and Dive.

Ford, the Harley is a considerable step up from a golf card to get you to the awards ceremony!:wink:........does it have a side car for Theresa:razz:

Tell us more about the bar tender(ess??)

How many teams participated? Sounds like a great event.

Congrats to Ford and Dive.

Ford, the Harley is a considerable step up from a golf card to get you to the awards ceremony!:wink:........does it have a side car for Theresa:razz:

Tell us more about the bar tender(ess??)

How many teams participated? Sounds like a great event.

"what happens in Ft Atkinson, stays in Ft Atkinson".

However it was a biker guy. And as far as anything else you need to talk with the guys that stayed the night. I understand that entertainment was being imported for the evening and for some strange reason the club house has a fire house pole in it.:twisted: But of course as I stated I left by 3 pm before the wet tshirt contest and bikini bike wash.

10 teams paid and 6 showed up with the other 4 either fighting water in their homes or not able to get around closed roads. WI is a real mess and we've had it easy compared to them.

I plan to go abck next year if they decide to have another. They may again limit teams to 24 but it's not always about qualifying. This one was about fun, raising money for charity, kicking butt and riding off into the sunset on the Harley.

Back