Question about TOY

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
2010 will be my 4th year competing. Has the TOY ever been this close in the past? I will admit its fun to see the results over the last 2-3 weeks. I do think it is a huge testiment to the teams that are driving all over the country going after this trophy. Its too bad this is not getting anymore pub. It would be a neat story to present to television to show the time, money and energy invloved in going to these contests over the last month and a half.

We have never had the actual points in front of us like this in the past.... They also completely revamped the points scoring a couple of years ago as well.

So the answer is no....

I agree. Really fun to watch.

My season is over.... but I will take 5th next to the rest of these guys any day. Can't wait to see how Tempe comes out!!!

Proud of you, Andy. Congrats on all that you've accomplished this year.

Yes Andy congrats on this year and your most prize moment might be that huge hug you gave our BBQ Teddy Bear at the AR.

Really congrats, see you next year.

Great to meet you this weekend Andy, hope you made it back in time for the show.
Thanks for the parsely tip. I think I got my time down to 45 minutes per. :oops: :lol:

Great to meet you this weekend Andy, hope you made it back in time for the show.
Thanks for the parsely tip. I think I got my time down to 45 minutes per. :oops: :lol:

Well, all I can say, is if Kim could have explained it, you'd have gotten them down to 30 min.:razz:

Thanks!! and It was great getting to meet you also, sorry I didnt get to hang out more!

Proud of you, Andy. Congrats on all that you've accomplished this year.
Thanks brother. Been one hell of a ride the last couple years.

Yes Andy congrats on this year and your most prize moment might be that huge hug you gave our BBQ Teddy Bear at the AR. Really congrats, see you next year.
That was one heck of a moment. Having spent alot of time in that trailer (or mine)with that Teddy Bear, well - I couldnt have been happier if I'd have won myself. I am still thinkin the best moment for me, involving our buddy was after getting the call from butt 2 butt, being able to call todd after our awards at chest 2 chest... and tell him I won. To me, that was the best point of the season, being able to share those successes... It was tooooo awesome to describe.

My season is over.... but I will take 5th next to the rest of these guys any day. Can't wait to see how Tempe comes out!!!

Congrats on a great year, Bro! Can you do me a favor? Stay out of this area next year? :biggrin:

Congrats bro, you did great and all of us proud!

Congrats on a great year, Bro! Can you do me a favor? Stay out of this area next year? :biggrin:
What ^^^^ said....

Well Andy... I welcome you to come back. Only had the opportunity once last year and I welcome another shot at you. Assuming you can stay away from NY... :roll:

To be the best, you have to compete against the best. Not run and hide...

Well Andy... I welcome you to come back. Only had the opportunity once last year and I welcome another shot at you. Assuming you can stay away from NY... :roll:

It was humor... Hence the :biggrin:. I'd love to hang and cook with them again, too!

You did have a smiley Ron. Then I thought I was missing something when folks that didn't even compete against him don't want him back....

And for the record, I wish all the top teams would come on up. We have enough here from our parts, might as well make it a good party....

And for the record, I wish all the top teams would come on up. We have enough here from our parts, might as well make it a good party....
Ditto on that. Miss seeing a lot of people. One of the nicest contsts I've been to is in the U.P. of MI and I'd love to see some of the "big boys" come up and learn what a Yupper is and just how well they can party.

Ditto on that. Miss seeing a lot of people. One of the nicest contsts I've been to is in the U.P. of MI and I'd love to see some of the "big boys" come up and learn what a Yupper is and just how well they can party.

There are a lot of contests going on that weekend Ford. It would be worth it just to get a pasty....

I'd like to make it up to those parts. That's where we go to sled in the winter. I am sure it looks a little different without 4 feet of snow on the ground.... :cool:

So I'm doing a little thinking on this team of the year thing ... putting some numbers on paper. I know some of you already know what it takes to get these point totals, but for those who haven't put the pencil to the paper to figure it out- HOLY MOLY.
  1. Pellet Envy 2917
  2. IOWA'S SMOKEY D'S 2911
  3. I Smell Smoke 2889
  4. MUNCHIN HOGS@THE HILTON 2821
  5. Smoke on Wheels 2809
  6. 4 Legs Up BBQ 2808
  7. Butcher BBQ 2767
  8. QUAU 2721
  9. Little Pig Town 2709
  10. Florida Skin & Bones 2690
  11. Lotta Bull BBQ 2676
  12. PORK PULLIN PLOWBOYS 2661
  13. Parrothead Smokers 2645
  14. J P Custom Smoke 2640
  15. Learn2Q.com 2639
  16. 3 Eyz BBQ 2598
  17. Rhythm 'n Que 2595
  18. Great Grills O Fire 2569
  19. Smoky Mountain Smokers 2536
  20. Cool Smoke 2508
  21. Ribs 4 U 2498
  22. KC Can Crew 2464
  23. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ 2455
  24. Lo-N-Slo BBQ 2450
  25. WILD BLUE 2405
Ya know what you have to do to get a 290 point average for 10 comps? That's averaging a 3rd place finish in comps with 90 teams, a RGC 10 times in 65 team comps, or winning 10 comps with 40 teams. Since 100 is the max bonus points you can get ... 4th place averages in even the largest comps don't get ya too the top of the list. A 4th place finish only award 275 points with 100 or more teams.

Last edited:
Sure is better than the NASCAR Chase :)
And to think some opposed the points being
made public

Well I was thinking of the Dells, but then the GAB changed weekends.:mad:
But I will do a couple up that way this year. And will definitely be back to Milwaukee.

I thought that is what I was doing going out to Milwaukee... You, Quau, Walt and T, Alex, Ron... Some big winners and some folks on a hot streak. I had a blast. I will be hitting NY at least twice next year, but, plan to spend some time up north too.

Sure is better than the NASCAR Chase :)
And to think some opposed the points being made public
I wouldn't have cooked nearly as much as I did without all the fun of the chase. Lord knows it isn't for the ToY $$, but the fun watching the points made it a blast.

Congrats bro, you did great and all of us proud!

What ^^^^ said....

It was humor... Hence the :biggrin:. I'd love to hang and cook with them again, too!

You did have a smiley Ron. Then I thought I was missing something when folks that didn't even compete against him don't want him back....

I'm sorry that you couldn't see the humor in these postings...

To be honest, I don't care who we are competing against, we are there to have fun with our friends and do our best. If we accomplish this then we've already won... Any walks are then just icing on the weekend.

And for the record, Andy, I'm looking forward to Milwaukee this year!

Back