holy chit, i finally won chicken!

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I know the presentation is not the best and it is not that uniform, but the flavor was amazing. I made the sauce and the rub and cooked it perfect. Nines across the board on flavor beside one 6. Hopefully I can repeat the same flavor.

Last edited:
Congrats, I think Chicken is the toughest category. I wish i could have had a bite of it as it looks awesome. Great job. What contest was this?

WOW very nice looking. Was the skin bite thru? Does that really matter?? I can never get it like that. Love that color!!!

The skin was pretty crisp, not completely bite through, that is hard, nealry impossible to acheive if you smoke your chicken, in my opinion.

The skin was pretty crisp, not completely bite through, that is hard, nealry impossible to acheive if you smoke your chicken, in my opinion.

Ohhh no it's not! That's where SHAVING comes in! :wink: We smoke it offset on the kettle and almost always get it bite through! Occasionally, I don't get it shaved quite enough and it pulls off.

Congrats on the chicken win! Definitely the most labor intensive category, at least the way we do it. Good job!

Ohhh no it's not! That's where SHAVING comes in! :wink: We smoke it offset on the kettle and almost always get it bite through! Occasionally, I don't get it shaved quite enough and it pulls off.

Congrats on the chicken win! Definitely the most labor intensive category, at least the way we do it. Good job!

SHAVING chicken? WT?? :shock:

"SHAVING" Please to expand on this... :-D

Back