Thread: Can't decide...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

The 22" will be more versatile, as it's bigger and you can fit more on it. It's not as portable as the WGA. You can do long cooks on it (pork butts, etc.) and there are rotisserie attachments and whatnot available for it.

As for the 18.5 - they just re-issued the Jumbo Joe, which is a tabletop version of the 18.5. I just did the first cook on mine today (hotdogs! ). If you were to get the 18.5, I'd go wtih the Jumbo Joe for the portability of it.

The WGA is an amazing machine. Probably the least expensive of the 3 (or maybe about the same as the Jumbo Joe, not sure) and you can do some phenomenal things with it - look at any of Phubar's threads and you'll see. You can also cook indirect on these and they are highly portable and just simply amazing.

It's a matter of what you want to do - are you just gonna do steaks, burgers, etc.? Do you wanna grill up some side dishes as well? Do you want portability? Do you wanna use a rotisserie?

I'd get all 3 - oh wait I already did.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->