• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Competition Checklist

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I see a lot of threads from new competitors of late, so I thought I'd throw my competition checklist up here in case anybody needs one.

You'll notice the "H" and "L" columns. These allow the checklist to function as a shopping/rounding-up list and as a loading list. The "H" means you have the item in-hand, and the "L" means you have loaded it. I typically use the notes to indicate where I plan to get the item and what quantity/type.

I refine it each time I use it.

Checklist: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pt_uavAC5mGFvCj1eSkhPCA&hl=en

Cheers,
John

That one is much more thorough than the one I have been looking at. Thank you.

I'm glad to help. I used the Smokin' Guns checklist as a starting point and tweaked it to meet my needs.

John

Thanks Kirk. I am looking at doing my first competition in July (July in South Texas, should be comfortable sitting next to a smoker in 100 degree weather) and I am looking for all of the info I can find.

The good news is that there can be nothing in the turn in boxes except meat, so I don't have to figure out how to make the lettuce/parsley look good.

Excellent, thank you.

Thanks guys, I see stuff that I've been missing on mine... Looks like tonight I go through all three and try to come up with a 'Master List'

Again, Thanks

Polocks had a great list - I used that one last year when I started... Try doing a couple of searches, and the first Sticky in the Comp forum... There's lots of entries here about packing lists.

Thanks for these lists. I am doing my first comp this year and I figure the more lists I have to compile into one the less likely I am to miss something. I am actually working on an Access DB if anyone would be interested.

I tried to find the Polocks but could not. I used the one on this post and it was a nice thing to have- a big help

Back