Competition Checklist

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I see a lot of threads from new competitors of late, so I thought I'd throw my competition checklist up here in case anybody needs one.

You'll notice the "H" and "L" columns. These allow the checklist to function as a shopping/rounding-up list and as a loading list. The "H" means you have the item in-hand, and the "L" means you have loaded it. I typically use the notes to indicate where I plan to get the item and what quantity/type.

I refine it each time I use it.

Checklist: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pt_uavAC5mGFvCj1eSkhPCA&hl=en

Cheers,
John

That one is much more thorough than the one I have been looking at. Thank you.

I'm glad to help. I used the Smokin' Guns checklist as a starting point and tweaked it to meet my needs.

John

Thanks Kirk. I am looking at doing my first competition in July (July in South Texas, should be comfortable sitting next to a smoker in 100 degree weather) and I am looking for all of the info I can find.

The good news is that there can be nothing in the turn in boxes except meat, so I don't have to figure out how to make the lettuce/parsley look good.

Excellent, thank you.

Thanks guys, I see stuff that I've been missing on mine... Looks like tonight I go through all three and try to come up with a 'Master List'

Again, Thanks

Polocks had a great list - I used that one last year when I started... Try doing a couple of searches, and the first Sticky in the Comp forum... There's lots of entries here about packing lists.

One thing to add that you may not need until you need it for something is an old-fashioned hand-twister, manual can opener.
dos centavos.

Thanks for these lists. I am doing my first comp this year and I figure the more lists I have to compile into one the less likely I am to miss something. I am actually working on an Access DB if anyone would be interested.

I tried to find the Polocks but could not. I used the one on this post and it was a nice thing to have- a big help

Back