/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

One of my daughters lives in McKinney, I'll have to ask her to bring me some to try when she visits this weekend, thanks!

Spread the word about Hutchins folks. Let him know (if you see Tim) that Chris Lewis is pimping his place. He would have made the donation to our cause if I never said a word, but he is a friend and a damn good guy.

Whistler, looks like you're just close enough to Stanley's... I'll be there in a few weeks. We've got a family trip planned to Caldwell Zoo, and the wife doesn't even have to ask what's for lunch that day.

P.S. Not sure how well it would travel, but his chicken is amazing. He keeps a little kettle in the kitchen just for putting a sear on it before it gets served (even if you are getting it as part of the AYCE plate). Total artisan style...

Okay, I' going out on a limb but we will be there. I will be looking forward to seeing you guys.
Awesome! Glad you can join us!

Confirmed
1. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps.
2. Chris (AKA sliding_billy), and maybe the boys (Adrian and Calvin).
3. frognot (and maybe Mrs. Frognot)
4. LEGENDS BBQ, Mrs. Legend, Legend Jr., The Princess, and Ms. Hell on Wheels
5. SmittyJonz
6. Totally Basted
7. dwfisk & Mac
8. DaveAlvarado
9. Whistler & Mrs. Whistler (and maybe BBQ buddy)
10. GrillsGoneWild + wife and 3 kiddos
11. SpicemanJames

Maybes
1. Hawg Father of Soul
2. bvbull200
3. Smokesignalsfromtx
4. Mrtodd777

Door prizes are to be provided from:

- Oakridge BBQ
- Ted & Barney
- All Things BBQ
- Stark Boards
- Spicewine
- Hutchins BBQ in McKinney
- Still working on more!

SpicemanJames...I'm trying to reply to your PM but it says that you are setup to NOT get PMs. Please change that setting in your UserCP and I'll reply :wink:

Looks like you have PMs restricted because I was able to reply after you added me to your contact list...

The checkbox "Receive PMs only from Contacts and Moderators" prevents folks from sending you PMs just out of the blue, even in reply it seems. I would personally un-check that box unless you have a special need to have it checked.

SpicemanJames has generously offered to donate some rub and injection that he makes in his shop down near Burleson for our little shindig!

I told him he needs to cook up whatever grub be does best with his favorite rub so we can get a taste of his product :becky:

Door prizes are to be provided from:

- Oakridge BBQ
- Ted & Barney
- All Things BBQ
- Stark Boards
- Spicewine
- Hutchins BBQ in McKinney
- SpicemanJames
- Still working on more!

I am working on a new brisket rub for our competitions, I should have it close to being done by the time the bash comes around. I worked on the injections last year for about 7-8 months before I felt they would be good enough.

A new comp rub for brisket HMMMMMM...........Is anyone else thinking that the brethren at the Spring Bash should support our brother by taste testing this for him??? You know be the sacrificial guinea pigs for him before he ventures in to battle with a new and untested rub.

Back