Do any BBQ competitors use UDS?

Deeg

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm putting together a DIY UDS page with a FAQ and I'd like to include some links to BBQ contests that were won by a UDS team. Do any of you have some links please? Thanks!

couple weeks ago we were at one that had 28 teams, I saw at least 5 out of those had UDS.Some used them along with other smokers and the team that won had one he was using along with a water cooker.They seem pretty popular

We just started competing this year & have some $$ & hardware from 3 amateur comps. We've used UDS to win, & we're sticking with it. We're doing one more amateur comp at Bluemont this month and then going pro at Pickin' in the Panhandle.

We use 2 drums and in our 1st 2 comp 5th in brisket, then at our 2nd comp 1st pork, 4th chicken, 5th brisket again. They are great when you are competing on a shoestring budget.

I use a UDS to compete... only one competition under my belt, and got second in ribs out of 28 teams. Saw lots of teams using drums that day, as well as at many of the comps I have judged. I love mine!

If you are looking for teams that have won using UDS, Gateway BBQ Store has a list of teams that bought there drums and have taken GC. They refer to this season as the Insane Can Posse Tour and have a pretty good list of teams that use them and win. I use three homemade UDS at comps and have done pretty well but no GC so far.

I use a couple of UDS's and been doing very well in competitions, several RGC's and a GC this year so far. I am leading the FBA in points right now without using the expensive pits that are available.

We used four drums at the Lenexa BBQ this year, got 4th overall out of 183 teams. We got 9th in chicken, 25th in ribs, 106th in pork (don't ask), and we won brisket. Our team name is Bare Bones.

Dr. Smoke BBQ team

We use a UDS to cook chicken and finish brisket
Cook brisket and ribs on a Pitmaker BBQ vault
Out biggest of 5 grand champion finishes was 121 entries we took 1st brisket, 1st chicken, 3rd ribs.
YdgTwWI.jpg

We used one for chicken, but have since got a WSM for that. That UDS was too big to haul around with all the other crap we have.

They are a beautiful thing!

wallace

redneck scientific uses uds and they do pretty good fairly regularly.
we have used 1 for pork once but did not do well.:sad:

Back