sausage making class...should I?

I know that I've read many recipes, watched videos, read web pages about sausage making but when a friend invited me to make some with him and I watched him go through a couple of batches before I went for it, THAT made all the difference. It took the intimidating right out of it.

Glad to see you're taking the class and am looking forward to your report!

I would suspect The course is well worth the $40.00.

Even if he covered what you may already have read, it is by nature we learn quicker by watching rather than reading.. Techniques, Practices, and the order that things are done are important and can change the taste of the product if not done correctly.

Bottom line is even the food handling and food safety part of the course would be worth the expense. In the end you may even have a local supplier for your casings and other items without paying for shipping. And lastly, he would be nearby to answer any questions you may have if you run into difficulties....

It's a Win / Win situation, you can't loose with first hand knowledge and experience.

The pictures at the butcher shop are kinda funny.That guy actually wore a tie to make sausage.:confused:

if anyone around me is interested, i called them today. they usually have the class on Wednesdays around 7pm and it lasts about 1.5 hours. They won't be having another class until after the holidays.

chris

I learned by reading and doing, but I love taking classes, too. With it only being $40 I'd definitely take the class, as someone else said, to get to know the butcher better.

I recently took two French cooking classes locally and they were great. Chef feeds us!! Those were about 3-4 hours and $37.50. Different type classes but great fun.

Go for it!

Back