Midwest Brethren Comp

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Seeing as the Long Island guys are doing their own comp, how about a Brethren only comp in the Midwest? KCBS rules.

I might be able to come up with facilities if folks are willing to come to the east side of Kansas City. (Blue Springs, MO)

How about June 1-2?

Seeing as the Long Island guys are doing their own comp, how about a Brethren only comp in the Midwest? KCBS rules.

I might be able to come up with facilities if folks are willing to come to the east side of Kansas City. (Blue Springs, MO)

How about June 1-2?

Count me in!!

So if we do this, is it a full blown comp with standard entries or do we just do a one day comp with party on Sat night?

So if we do this, is it a full blown comp with standard entries or do we just do a one day comp with party on Sat night?

I would have to check my work schedule but if I am free, I'm in. I've never been to a one day contest, are you thinking ribs, chicken, and sausage?

I would have to check my work schedule but if I am free, I'm in. I've never been to a one day contest, are you thinking ribs, chicken, and sausage?

We could do brisket in a one day comp if the times were pushed back. Ribs, chicken, brisket, beans, sausage?

It's up to you and the guys, I don't care. Who's judging?

We probably have some Brethren judges and there are plenty of CBJ's in the area. That should be be a problem.

Sounds like an excellent idea. We'd be in. We're a bunch of newbies, and would enjoy the learning experience. Keep us posted.

That is also the weekend before the Pork Expo in Des Moines. I don't know if I could make both.

Gotta help out the local bar and grill for a customer appreciation cook, no can do that weekend.

I'm all for having one - But I am already booked up that weekend. I just realized that the slack I had built into my schedule is all gone. I've got 7 contests back to back, and then two weddings.... Holy Fark!!!

Platte City | 5/11-12
Okie Joes | 5/18-19
GAB | 5/25-26
Big Blue BBQ | 6/1-2
Masters BBQ | 6/8-9
LP Que | 6/15-16
Iowa ST. BBQ | 6/22-23

What about later in the year folks? August? Lot of area comps in September and into October.

I'm in later in the year... A fall bash would be great. Also if that place you have in mind wouldnt be a go -- I know just the place - or - we could talk to the basswood folks about taking a group of us on. and letting us thier community building. We already know they love the BBQ folks, since they host a Mothers day weekend KCBS contest.

I'm in later in the year... A fall bash would be great. Also if that place you have in mind wouldnt be a go -- I know just the place - or - we could talk to the basswood folks about taking a group of us on. and letting us thier community building. We already know they love the BBQ folks, since they host a Mothers day weekend KCBS contest.

Let's see what date seems better for folks and then let's talk venue, Andy. I may turn into organizer on this and not competitor. Which is okay.

I was thinking of the area that my church is in. There's the whole parking lot and grass area. We'd have water, bathrooms, air conditioning, power, and a place for judging in the coffee house. It would be perfect place. Lots of room, too. Deal is that we'd have to be cleaned up by Sunday morning, at least the main parking area.

I like the Basswood idea or similar campground idea. Blue Springs Lake has a campground as well that may work. Its easier to organize if its closer to me. Not trying to be selfish, but its true.

Todd, I do not know about everyone else, but I would love to have a "farewell" BBQ Comp in mid to late October. No more contests, put together a Brethren "prize list" have Bob from MoKan Meat heads DJ and have a end of year comp/awards comp/newcomer/whatever. Vesper Hall would be available. Or I like you r idea of the lake, weather should be perfect. Hell, lets get a sponsor and have a buffet with a dance and raise money for a charity. Just something to ponder

Back