• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Moist ribs?

Ribs

Hi So one can trim the full spares after smoking them? Just might try that next time with full spares.
Thanks DanB

You should have put a ''TV-MA'' warning. I feel naughty after looking at those!!! They look DELICIOUS!!

Nice Bones! I'm doing some right now and have not had to spritz them once. Of course humidity is around 90%. I think that makes a difference.

By the way fwi, what type of rotisserie are you using, and what would be a good one for a standard size 55 gallon drum?

Very nice! I am only guessing, but could it be that the spinning keeps the juices on the meat longer instead of them just running off into the fire?

Hey Keith- the first clone of your rotisserie is complete!!!! Getting ready to put 2 birds on now, build thread with pron to follow tonight. Hail to the chicken king!
image.jpg

Let me know how the BP basket works.

The drum looks great.

Very nice! I am only guessing, but could it be that the spinning keeps the juices on the meat longer instead of them just running off into the fire?

I'd guess that might be part of it. Cutting up the membrane and leaving it on and not trimming the spare could add to it too. All i know is i'm sticking to trimming after they're cooked.

Bp basket is perfect. Between me and my friends we have 7 bp drums, so the bird barrel can be used by all of us when on loan.
View attachment 98244

Fire roasted birds! What temps are you getting? The best birds so far i had 500-700* plus part of the cook but i don't want to see you screw up that paint job!

Back