View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT72884 View Post
awesome guys. thanks. im thinking that mushroom pepercorn sauce would be great for my roast this week. I have some real truffles that my mother in law bought me. expensive but probably would add great flavor to a sauce.

So with the Be`chamel sauce which is just milk, roux, some onion and white peper with bay leaf and nutmeg, i add cheddar to it for the mac and cheese or any cheese i want correct?

Im trying to figure this all out and im pretty close. i think next im gonna make the basic tomat mother sauce and see if i can make a soup from it. haha.

thanks guys.
I've never used a peppercorn sauce on roasted meat, but go for it. That's how you learn. It is great to use with a steak like tenderloin/filet mignon, that tends not to have much flavor on it's own.

Some of the best mac-n-cheese recipes I have seen use a blend of cheeses, some mild and some strong/sharp, to create a great flavor. Your béchamel foundation will be pretty bland, so it will "level out" the cheeses.

I love the Tomato Basil soup at La Madeleine restaurants. http://www.food.com/recipe/la-madele...asil-soup-5368

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote