Best Brisket I've Ever Made...PICS!!!!

Outstanding!

You need a new knife. :thumb:

Awesome looking brisky! Great bark and smoke ring. That is something to be proud of.

That looks perfect! Very encouraging - I have yet to cook a brisket right. Next time I will simplify. Great job!

Well you have talked me into not wrapping the packer I am doing for xmas. During comps we have always wrapped and cooked them in a safe but using the WSM with CyberQ. You did exactly what I was thinking as far as temp and time so will use this as my blue print. Spritz Spritz Spritz...

Thanks guys! Seriously all your compliments really help boost a young amateurs confidence when it comes to cooking simply at home.

Well you have talked me into not wrapping the packer I am doing for xmas. During comps we have always wrapped and cooked them in a safe but using the WSM with CyberQ. You did exactly what I was thinking as far as temp and time so will use this as my blue print. Spritz Spritz Spritz...
Couple things I've noticed (as I'm sure yourself too) is that when I have trimmed the brisket pretty good and ready for the rub, the rub has a hard time sticking to the fat cap. I used mustard to help it stick, I WAS gonna use a light coating of olive oil but I wasn't sure if it was gonna burnt it. I guess it doesn't really matter.

I did put the fat down towards the fire because that long without spritzing I wanted to at least hold SOME moisture even with water in the pan it dried out the outside.

My girlfriend said now next time just make it nice n' oily. Which I'm sure could be achieved with adequate amounts of spritzing like once every 3 hours - just spritz the hell out of it. And wrap it when it's done

I'm glad this post and pictures can prove that you don't need to wrap a brisket or inject or whatever. It turned out excactly as it did in central Texas: nice beef flavour, subtle smokey accent but not over powering, and beautiful bark.

I just used regular ol' kings ford minion method style and like 4-5 oak chunks I cut up with my sawzaw

250-275 temp

Back