Did some St Louis Style ribs today

Groundhog66

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just wanted to share a couple pics of the ribs I did today, they are finished with a couple coats of Blues Hog.

4914909316_a305793027_z.jpg

4914305885_9426e3b055_z.jpg

Groundhog66 that is really some great looking ribs.

what temp did you cook them at and for how long??? I never get the meat to pull back that far!

what temp did you cook them at and for how long??? I never get the meat to pull back that far!

This set of spares had a nice consistent marbling, I would imagine that has a bit to do with it. My temp was about 250-260 at the dome, perhaps 20 degrees less at the grate(?). I gave them some smoke (used pecan for the first time today) for a couple hours, then wrapped them in foil for another hour or so. Finally, I finished them off back on the grate for about 20-30 minutes while a couple coats of Blues Hog was brushed on. I know many don't like to foil, but my skills on the EGG are not yet to the point where I am comfortable not utilizing that crutch. Hopefully in the future, when I get a better fell for the smoker, I can eliminate that step.

You are welcome. This batch actually had the texture and tenderness I really like, not falling off the bone, still had a little bite to it, but came off the bone nicely.

I resally like those ribs pron...Thanks for showing them to us Groundhog66

Back