Whats your go to cut for beef taco’s?

CKYnick

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey all, doing my wife’s 30th bday next weekend which includes a taco bar. I was going to go with filet until I had 66 people coming. With that said can I ask what your favorite cut is? I was hoping for something I could find at a nearby wegmans or restaurant depot.

Thanks everyone!!

Since you were looking at filet it makes me think you wanted to be a little fancy. I'd go with tri tip for steak tacos.

Depends on the style of beef taco you're going for.

Carne Asada? - Skirt
Barbacoa? - Chuck or Cheeks

Looking for quick/easy cook on a flat top? - Carne para Tacos marinated like Carne Asada - already chopped up... just cook and serve.

Just some options to consider... Best of luck!

So my plan was, while the party is happening sous vide whatever piece of meat i am gonna go with and then sear it off. Tri tip is a good idea i hadnt thought about. Thanks everyone!

66 people?!?! Go to the local Mexi Mart and get a bunch of the pre seasoned taco meat.

That's why I also like the idea of the Carne para Tacos marinated a la Carne Asada (if you want some (more) control over the flavors). Plus, either in a big-arsed skillet or on a flat top, that'll cook up quickly and it's easy to serve. :noidea:

Sirloin!

Just get some sirloins & grilll em up. Flattop would work too. Fill little corn tortillas with diced meat & put fixings on the side. We usually have cabbage slaw, grilled onion & raw diced onion, diced serrano, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, diced radishes, cotija cheese, hot sauce, pico, etc.

I usually just cook a flat iron, grilled to medium or medium rare, then cube and serve! Chicken thighs too!
afc77f10d3767e57b559f88e8708d4b8.jpg
b69c2e35263629944f4d6c48a1a531a8.jpg
af5822dad82f843e051da59109330292.jpg

Looking forward to next weekend to see how your own cook turns out!

Sounds like you've got quite the evening planned.

Enjoy!

Yea man, we have a food truck coming early in the day then as the night goes on I will break out the taco bar. I am bad at it but i will try to take and post some pics

Back