View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 02:33 PM   #11
Hankster
Got Wood.

I did a Boston Butt this past weekend on an Old Smokey with a ring of charcoal and a water pan in the center. It was carmalized on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside. After 8 hours of smoking on a mixture of Kingsford Charcoal and Applewood chunks, I wrapped it in Aluminum foil and let it rest for an hour. That Boston butt pulled apart with your fingers, it was that tender. Hell, my brother-in-law ate the carmalized/burnt parts and liked em!

I sauced the meet in three batches--one with a Mustard sauce (equal parts dill pickle juice and French's yellow mustard),one with Buffalo Wild Wings' caribbean jerk sauce and one with Stubb's spicy barbecue sauce. Suffice it to say, between my brother in law, my SFLF, his SFLF and our kids, there were no leftovers! I'm doing a picnic shoulder and some ribs this weekend after I season my modified, improved NB American Gourmet Smoker.

I made a heat shield from the FB into the CC and a conducting plate to even out the heat and direct the smoke across the CC. This is going to be great!!! I'll post some photos of my mods in another forum!!!