Weed burners

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
For those of you that use weed burners to light or warm up your pits, do you have to use a grill type propane bottle on those, or do they use the small camp stove type bottles?

The higher, common BTU ones require big grill tanks. There are a few that use small 1 pound takes, but they have a permanent mount for the tank and are meant to be pointed down, if you angle the burner up, the bottle will be upside down and now you will be feeding the liquid to the burner rather than the gas.

I have one from Bernz-o-matic that uses a camp bottle. $40 from Lowes. Does everything I need it too. As mentioned by AJStrider, it cannot be used upside down, but it doesn't have to be straight down either. Any angle up to horizontal and it works fine.

One thing I like is how portable it is. No 20 lb. propane tank and hose to haul around. And one camp bottle lasts quite some time.

Has a built in igniter too...

Attachments

• Weed Burner.jpg
    Weed Burner.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I got the harbor freight one for twenty bucks. Worked so good so far. If you go to get one make sure your tank has threads on the inside of where you hook it up. Mine screws in the connection not around it like most grills do. Also threads reversed on it.

I really like my BernzOmatic and have used it for several activities other than the smoker/grill.

The portability and use for melting ice on the walkway or even burning weeds by my neighbors wood fence has been handy. I also always have a spare bottle as I use a hand-held MAP torch in the shop frequently.

Forgot to mention they are handy for cleaning the grates on your smoker too, just burn that stuff off!

Back